Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Diesel Shunter

(1/3) > >>

cameni:
There's a new vehicle model available in the engine, thanks to _michal who provided it:

It really begs for adding rails support, hopefully we'll manage it in some form before the demo.
Until then it will serve as a nice scenery object, but at least we should put it on a track segment.

henrikthg:
nice..
What I would like to see is an super high detailed model.. very very high poly count and all the different textures that the engine support. just to see how true to life the model can be and for Outerra to test there engine, optimize for models!!
Maybe a city or complete airport.. With all the bells and whistle !!!!

Would be nice to know the frame rate ! Can someone please provide Outerra the models for this test *S*

Henrik

MatthewS:
Excellent looking model!

Is Outerra self shadowing the model?  Looks great.  

Also will shadows from external objects (eg buildings) cast inside the train cabs or aircraft cockpits?  

It would be very nice to be taxiing to the active runway in the late afternoon and have shadows of terminals and other aircraft cast into the cockpit of my aircraft!

Also... what about lights from other objects illuminating other objects and inside the cockpit. For example, if I'm parked at the gate at night and my aircraft is being serviced by ground vehicles will I see their lights illuminate my aircraft?

FSX lacks a bit in the lighting department.   Outerra's lighting already looks amazing but adding shadow/light effects from other objects would be the icing on the cake!

Not to mention cloud shadows!  Omg you have to add cloud shadows that lighten/darken depending on how thick the cloud layer is or the time of day.

cameni:
The shadows work universally, albeit terrain itself doesn't cast shadows (temporarily).

Here, shadow from the high building cast into the cab:

Lighting from multiple light sources, especially for the darker scenes,  will be done with so called deferred lighting, that will allow these effects in an easier way.

petitfilou:
That looks great!!  for the demo, will we be able to jump from one vehicle to the other?

....like driving the truck to the cessna, jump out and walk to the plane (simple ground camera) then fly to a railtrack where we could take the train for a spin.

Then you could have a world reset key in case you lose one of the vehicles.   ;o)

That would showcase the versatility of the engine quite well...

cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version