Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cessna Bird Dog WIP  (Read 32488 times)

Airhogg

Re: Cessna Bird Dog WIP
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 08:14:19 pm »

This is fantastic!
Having the Birddog around the world of Outerra would be amazing! ... - would be great if this plane could be available for the Outerra-community ... and I am quite sure:
It would certainly raise the attantion of the flightsim community as well!

Good point, and we should ALL purchase this piece of art from Sibwings as soon as that option is available to make sure the attention is raised!

traumstrand5

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 06:35:19 am »

This is fantastic!
Having the Birddog around the world of Outerra would be amazing! ... - would be great if this plane could be available for the Outerra-community ... and I am quite sure:
It would certainly raise the attantion of the flightsim community as well!

Good point, and we should ALL purchase this piece of art from Sibwings as soon as that option is available to make sure the attention is raised!

I am with You here Airhogg!
If it should become available I will purchase it immediately!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 12:41:00 pm »

I think sibwings should give this one away for free.. Everybody like free stuff + the OT engine isn't even close to stable. Certainly not stable enough to start selling addons for it.

Step 1. Make more free content for Cameni and Angry to attract people to Outerra.

Step 2. Get more people to hand $15 to Cameni and Angry pig to work on the engine by providing the content.

Step 3. See step 1.

Step 4. Once robust enough. Everybody can get greedy and start entire industries selling content for Outerra.

Step 5. I accept my nomination for the presidency and accept the hand of Ms Emma Watson to be my wife.

See how easy this is.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

[deleted]

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 01:55:21 pm »

I really don't like the idea of people selling content for outerra.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 02:43:40 pm »

Well here is the benefit. No matter who sells content for Outerra, people will still need to own ... OUTERRA.. So Cameni and Angry get $15-30 and the mod maker makes.. whatever they want to charge. If you don't want the content that's fine because people who do are funding the R&D of the engine itself.

If a million flight simmers bought that BirdDog and paid sibwings ~$10 it means a million people would have bought Outtera as the base.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

robin00795

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 04:07:53 pm »

Step 2. Get more people to hand $15 to Cameni and Angry pig to work on the engine by providing the content.:

Well, at the end of this week, pixelenemy, a channel with 95.000 followers on youtube will post my trailer for outerra, i think this might help you a lot :D

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 04:33:15 pm »

Step 2. Get more people to hand $15 to Cameni and Angry pig to work on the engine by providing the content.:

Well, at the end of this week, pixelenemy, a channel with 95.000 followers on youtube will post my trailer for outerra, i think this might help you a lot :D

That's the spirit!

Jagerbomber

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 05:07:27 pm »

:P lol I found PixelEnemy when Fysho joined our Fuel (or general gaming) fansite.

It's starting to become a bit too much like Machinima, just sayin'...
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

traumstrand5

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 03:56:18 am »

I think sibwings should give this one away for free.. Everybody like free stuff + the OT engine isn't even close to stable. Certainly not stable enough to start selling addons for it.

Step 1. Make more free content for Cameni and Angry to attract people to Outerra.

Step 2. Get more people to hand $15 to Cameni and Angry pig to work on the engine by providing the content.

Step 3. See step 1.

Step 4. Once robust enough. Everybody can get greedy and start entire industries selling content for Outerra.

Step 5. I accept my nomination for the presidency and accept the hand of Ms Emma Watson to be my wife.

See how easy this is.

Easy indeed  :D
For sure: I like freeware as well (...who does not)!
And it sure would be a real fantastic thing to have the Bird Dog available for free in Outerra! That would certainly awake many, many people's attention out there for Outerra as well.
And yet:
Showing some will to consider even taking some money into it all, is - at least in my opinion - one way (although certainly not the only one) to offer support for developers who may think about the option of releasing some add-ons for Outerra in the foreseeable future, but who have not decided yet.

Well here is the benefit. No matter who sells content for Outerra, people will still need to own ... OUTERRA.. So Cameni and Angry get $15-30 and the mod maker makes.. whatever they want to charge. If you don't want the content that's fine because people who do are funding the R&D of the engine itself.

If a million flight simmers bought that BirdDog and paid sibwings ~$10 it means a million people would have bought Outtera as the base.

That's the point!
 :)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 05:04:32 am »

Ah Dammit. Seeing anything new in Outerra makes all the hairs stand up.

Sturm-Tiger.. That is what I am waiting for.

That would end in Gustav for the train-simmers :D

P.S.: That bird is an great impression ... seems the importer goes werry well ...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:07:42 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Aman

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 04:58:38 pm »

Why should companys give stuff away for free? They make money by SELLING stuff. Nobody forces anyone to buy such stuff. Im willing to pay for a great addon! There are tons of free stuff, not even worth installing. FSX is a great example. Free stuff an PayWare. I like to have a CHOICE.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 02:12:32 am »

Depends completely on how dedicated the mod makers get. rFactor (Race Sim) is pretty much made up of 98% user generated content. Tracks and cars and livery's all tweaked and version-ed and organized by multiple communities. Are there some Shite mods? Yes. But the good ones and the great ones far outweigh.

ChookWantan

• They call me Chook.
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 02:42:37 am »

This game is the perfect tool for ambitious modders. I foresee a massive amount of quality being poured into Outerra by the community, and I can't wait.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 06:53:16 pm »

The concept of community sourced add-ons for Outerra is vital.  Flight simmers need look no further than www.xplane.org and their download manager to see how a well thought out set of authoring tools makes it possible for people of all levels of skill to make significant contributions, free and otherwise.  I'm really looking forward to digging in and importing my own bush jet design from X-Plane.  It'll fit perfectly with the Anteworld concept. :)

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 05:36:51 pm »

Is there any update from Sibwings on this plane? It would be great to see it now the importer has been done.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?
Pages: 1 [2]