Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: HUD options!!  (Read 3338 times)

agentgro420

HUD options!!
« on: April 05, 2012, 12:47:07 pm »

Hi!! First, i must tell you that you did a fantastic job on this game and i can't wait to see everthing you can cram inside for us to enjoy.

My only gripe is that i play on a 42" HDTV... the HUD is way too small. Could you make an option that would make the hud "fatter", please? XD

Seriously, that's the only thing i can tell that's been buggin me. everthing else is quite perfect to me.

Keep up the good work, dudes!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: HUD options!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:29:46 pm »

What resolution is it? Should it be bigger overall or just the letters?

agentgro420

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:27 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply!

So, i'm playing in a  1920x1080  res (1080p). The game is made just right to fit the screen, but the menu and options are unreadable 6 feet away from the screen (naturally... no one site at the same distance in front of a tv than they are in front of a computer screen ;-)   ).

BTW, the game's graphics are really crisp in that resolution on a big screen. Way better than most game i've seen so far that uses more everything to make the game runs.

corax

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 03:12:18 pm »

Talking about HUDs; would it be possible for the pedestrian HUD be made to work, only the coordinates change as you walk.
Also, could you add the pitch of the camera to the HUD. It would make life a little easier when placing roads, etc.

foxfiles

• Reality is merely an illusion
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 11:45:34 am »

Talking also about HUDs,
why not create one powerful HUD similar or better than those of modern jet fighters (like F-22, Rafale, SU-, etc)
would be fun to have also the G loads (instant and maximum) but preview several digits for displaying the Gs on OT because the "sky is not the limit with OT" ;D
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - A. Einstein