Outerra Apps > Outerra World Simulator

Ideas for People

<< < (5/5)

Atrax:

--- Quote from: krz9000 on April 19, 2011, 05:19:52 am ---outerra seems to be set to become a great sandbox in the way minecraft works..but instead of crafting the environment the goal could be filling it with realworld content. the game could be that players get achievements for verifying or adding content that comes in for e.g. openstreetmap, or content that is modeled, animation loops that are added to an animation database that outerra can connect to and so on. giving objects physical attributes,...this could be the creative part of the "game". next you can give "players" the option to create a lobby and this lobby will create an "instance" of the world they can be playing in (an instance like in world of warcraft). they can play around with objects or vehicles and create their own adventures. the "mod-community" could create scripts and custom objects that act as gamedesign elements...e.g. a flagpole object that is connected to a gui element. and voila you can have a capture the flag game. all this ideas come from playing minecraft but i think outerra can take the same direction but with the goal to crowd-source the content creation. the more data-sources it can connect to the better. i think it would be premature to develop ONE game with it. i think the engine would benefit more from a creating stable modtools instead. these mods could be then implemented once they are considered beneficial for the bigger goal of outerra

--- End quote ---

My take on MP in Anteworld would be ability for every player to make their own Earth (some would make virtual representation of real Earth and other would make their own fictional Earth) and then you'd be able to make a private/public server that others would be able to connect to and explore your Earth. That way there would be many different Earths to explore. Obviously if you'd want to do that there would have to be a way for ppl that are connecting to your server to download needed models, how that would work I don't know since I'm not an expert on... anything actualy =P but I think that would be one very awesome thing if it could be executed.

bmandudeman:
One idea or dream of a game that could happen is just a game in which you set up a goal, and the objective is to travel there with all resources you have available to yourself. it would be nice if Outerra used some sort of algorithm to produce roads based on google maps or other sources (Tell me if there is, that would be awesome). Anyway I just think that it would be cool to focus more on vehicular simulation. There are my thoughts, feel free to comment and or criticize. I am new to Outerra so I do not now it's capabilities. i would love to get in touch with the community.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version