Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Elevation data height  (Read 19580 times)

monks

Re: Elevation data height
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 08:00:12 am »

That is surprising, not for typical use of it, but from more scientific use of it. I suppose it's something of an inexact science dealing with dems. Mind the gaps!
 HA! Punchbowl crater really is bizarre! Looks like they got their own SuperBowl.And I never knew just how crowded Honolulu is. Fascinating place indeed. Yes the imagery is more detailed around that whole area but move around the island to Makaha Valley and it's less.

Middle Earth? Oh, say 5000 years ago from present Earth or something. So translate that and you'd get a time in OT. Have you got any plans to add any models to Anteworld?

monks

foxfiles

• Reality is merely an illusion
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 09:22:40 am »

;D yes I agree, Hawaï is fascinating ! I'd like to go there once again  :-X (I've been there years ago during wedding trip to the Cooks Islands, I saw nothing from Hawaï, it was a quick refuel stop for the plane, at night : LOL)
Would be nice to find out where Google is at its best resolution... worth laung few searches to see if someone's talking about this.

Plans to add models in Anteworld : yes we should in particular test and import collada cities samples ASAP; but we lack time and need to upgrade our CPU/GPUs, we have AMDs and NVidias but oldies ones, so step by step.
 I'm also professionally engaged on several things...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - A. Einstein

monks

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 07:32:46 am »

I hear ya ;), I only have a nvid 460 here- I mean it's pretty middling really. Yes, at some point I'd like to try the importer out too- apparently it's very robust, even for an early development. ...heh, too bad about Hawaii. It was very inconsiderate of them to arrange their wedding like that   >:( haha.

monks

foxfiles

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 12:33:43 pm »

------
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:46:24 pm by foxfiles »

foxfiles

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 12:42:18 pm »

main workstation here is having Sapphire ATI Radeon HD2600Pro 512MB with two DELL 24" HD monitors, but this board is now too slow
we should go for an Nvidia GTX660 or better, but I think it is worth buying a new full CPU... we'll see
we also have other computers with Nvidias, desktops and laptops, but they are worse  ;D

BTW I've just played a bit with the flight simulator which is in GoogleEarth and it is not bad at all, I had never looked before, but it is a good surprise.
I'm also cheating a bit in offline using the Gearth cache files at their Max, LOL.

I look forward to playing with Anteworld on a stronger platform  :P

monks

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 08:58:43 am »

Was that first post moderated?  ;D
Those two dell monitors sound really nice. I'm on an old 21" CRT...if we had an earthquake the house would fall down around it. lol
 I'm still in the process of downloading the Outerra Earth data...been at it for weeks! I'm lucky in that I have the terrain data for ME-DEM on disk so I never get any lag with that. Couldn't find any info on highest res data in Google- but I'm sure it's out there someehere. I suppose if you follow the Google Earth updates closely you'll how a good idea.

monks

foxfiles

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 06:23:19 am »

Well the maximum disk cache size of Google Earth is at 2 Go which is much too low for good testing ...
I played a bit with places where they have large 3D models (for example the Los Angeles area, and the Bordeaux city in France)
but the viewing experience could be much better if they would increase these cache limits. OT should be much more efficient in that kind of usage...

Yes, it's a pitty  :( we have nice monitors but slow CPU/GPUs ... time to upgrade !
Pages: 1 2 [3]