Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: GNUAerospace - Scenery support for Outerra??  (Read 12584 times)

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
GNUAerospace - Scenery support for Outerra??
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:21:01 am »

Hey all,

Saw over at the below site the below statement; it has been quoted from the page itself. I'm trying to get my head around what these guys are alluding to when they say they will support "A wide variety of scenery/Image Generators", one of these being Outerra.

http://gnuaerospace.org/
http://coandaaero.wordpress.com/

Quote:
"Support for a wide variety of Scenery/Image Generators:

Choose which 3D scenery engine works best for your needs. One person’s “plausible world” is not plausible for another which requires navigation to ground based landmarks for flight training purposes. Planned scenery engine support: Boeing CIGI, Outerra, Google Earth, Google Earth Liquid Galaxy, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, X-Plane, Flightgear, Coanda Aerospace Software GmbH LiDAR precision SVS/EVS."

Maybe one of the Devs can expand on this.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:26:17 am by Kelvinr »
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: GNUAerospace - Scenery support for Outerra??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:04:07 pm »

We have been contacted by the guy who's behind it, and I briefly discussed some possibilities of using OT for the rendering of world (hence, image generator), and connecting the simulator via the JSBSim interface.

IMHO the goal is extremely wide and generic and I had problems understanding what's it *precisely* about, because it seems to be about many things at once. I still quite don't get how it's all supposed to work ...

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
Re: GNUAerospace - Scenery support for Outerra??
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:08:19 pm »

This guy sounds very confusing in his explanation of GNUAerospace when trying to explain about this new idea for a flight sim. I think most of the community are loosing interest quickly because of this. My interest arose when he mentioned Outerra so I guess time will tell what to expect from this.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?