Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Someone needs to be schooled in the way Outerra can and will work  (Read 6087 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube

I hate when my google alert of outerra brings me to a foreign forum topic that requires someone "in the know" to explain to people they are talking out their ass. Likely this isn't malicious but I can't give in enough technical detail how and why they are wrong. If someone wants to explain to this guy how modern procedural generation works go for it. If not I will have to sign up and use my lacking technical prowess to woo him.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370712-outerra-will-be-our-new-flightsim-platform-in-the-future-because/#entry2341467
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Someone needs to be schooled in the way Outerra can and will work
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 01:23:51 am »

Thank you KelvinR. Even if you didn't see this post first.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Someone needs to be schooled in the way Outerra can and will work
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 02:18:56 am »

Thanks guys. I have actually posted in that thread too (found I had an old account there, guess which post it is :) ), but I didn't plan to participate otherwise ... these threads pop up constantly and more randomly than OT terrain, with people doubting this and that, based on various, sometimes really weird assumptions. That Diablo guy really got me :)

Maybe it's not the case with that AVSIM thread, but some battles are just not worth fighting. Or, specifically, some people are not worth fighting. My top performer is the (in)famous Snave and this post and thread on Aerosoft forums. This is what happens when someone pieces some generic keywords and whatever information he's got about them together to form an "informed" image.