Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Object (truck) casts shadow on mountain wall, terrain under truck does not?  (Read 4960 times)

WouterFS

Standing on the edge of a cliff with the sun behind me, looking west, the truck (object) casts a clear shadow on the opposite cliff face. The terrain underneath me - Mt. Rainier - does not seem to have a shadow. The shadow of the truck seems to hang in midair.
Is it in the settings?
I used default settings in this screenshot, did not touch any of the graphics/terrain settings.
Moving sliders has no effect so far.

If not, this basic terrain shading issue is something for the to-do-list, perhaps?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com

It is in the TODO list - terrain doesn't cast shadows yet. We need to make a couple of changes to the rendering system before we can enable it.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube

The change it is going to make to the look of the whole engine will be substantial. I can't wait.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!

The change it is going to make to the look of the whole engine will be substantial. I can't wait.

Sounds great, can't wait for the teaser shots to show. I purchased my GTX 680 today and I have officially christened it in Outerra. Turned up all settings (that I could understand) and wow, really can't wait to see the next significant advancement with OT engine.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

Kviki

Wow! I didn't even notice that was missing. That's surely going to add a lot of more immersion.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube

As of August.. Arma3 has the same issue.. LOL

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo