Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Terrain Generation with Plate Tectonics  (Read 28289 times)

mavor

Re: Terrain Generation with Plate Tectonics
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 09:39:33 pm »

Has anyone been able to get this compiled and working? I tried on a mac, couldn't do anything, then I tried on a windows box with visual studio... tried to compile with the makefile.. no go. Tried to compile by bringing the project into studio and fixing problems.. no go..

If anyone is able to compile this thing/offer instructions.. I would really appreciate. I want to see it in action and get some heightmaps out. :)

ordnael

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 09:30:42 am »

Interesting stuff, but the one thing I feel obligated to point out is that the source code, being GPL v3, requires anything based on it, so in other words anything using that code as a reference, to also be GPL v3, however IANAL so I may or may not be exactly correct on that. I don't think that the source code released could really be used in much outside of GPLv3 projects unless it were under something like the MIT or BSD license instead.

Lol, what is the problem in ourterra becomes opensouce?  ;)

ftomassetti

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 08:53:06 am »

I wrote a wrapper in Python for this library.
It is available here:
https://github.com/ftomassetti/pyplatec

and on PyPy.

I have also built a world generator using it:
https://github.com/ftomassetti/lands

and a civs simulator for those worlds:
https://github.com/ftomassetti/civs

Everything free, open and waiting for comments :D

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 10:07:01 am »

nice ... would be interesting to look trough some atrology research papers on presumptions of mass-flow under the planets crust to try finding good non-linear paths for the continents.

Having a set of parameters (affecting the curvature) determining a solar system structure and would be a nasty thing to add to it, doe, im pretty sure some half century from now, such things will hit an "OT v25". :D

But must admit - from the moon creation theory due to an asteroid hitting earth, our planet had an interesting beginning. Dont think many planets out there had an "egg" starter-point like our pangea due to the moon-earth interaction and started already trough a point of land-mass dispersion all over.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Pages: 1 [2]