User mods, screenshots & videos > Other

Hangglider landing site in Bavaria

(1/3) > >>

DeltaSim:
Morning everyone,

I started creating the landing site at my favourite flying region (47°46'32.71"N, 12°13'46.12"E), to be used with the hanggliding simulator. It compares really well with the real thing (see images - btw. the red glider is mine :-)). But of course it creates ever more desires, like the 3D model importer: I'm really eager to import more models and plant (deciduos) trees where needed! One nice feature for placing objects would also be to be able to scale them - e.g. to let the trees grow or have a slightly bigger house. And wind: The main purpose of my simulator is to practise landing approaches under itchy wind conditions. Is there any possibility that you include a first primitive wind model (just constant wind and turbulence all over) in one of the next updates? I guess it would be fun for others too :-).

Cheers, Martin

PS: I've been trying out the simulator with Outerra and it works fine. The ever finer resolution of the terrain gives you the feeling as if you were approaching a real patch of grass - just great!

DeltaSim:
For those who are interested - here's a picture of the simulator and me staring at the screen (obviously trying to hypnotize Outerra or something...).

ZeosPantera:
Congratulations on being the first person I have ever seen in a hang-gliding simulator at home. You are awesome.

Might I suggest you sell your car and buy a HUGE projector!

cameni:
This is so great 8)

--- Quote from: DeltaSim on May 03, 2012, 01:51:16 am ---The main purpose of my simulator is to practise landing approaches under itchy wind conditions. Is there any possibility that you include a first primitive wind model (just constant wind and turbulence all over) in one of the next updates? I guess it would be fun for others too :-).
--- End quote ---
Will need to check what JSBSim expects. If it has some simple properties that can be set, it shouldn't be a problem. We have been also thinking about getting a simple uplift simulation based on the terrain topology.

PytonPago:

--- Quote from: DeltaSim on May 03, 2012, 02:06:53 am ---For those who are interested - here's a picture of the simulator and me staring at the screen (obviously trying to hypnotize Outerra or something...).

--- End quote ---

That is a great thing ! ... how is the handling done in your "sim-pit" ? Are you just lean to the sides/front/back on some pressure-sensors hanging ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version