Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: unlimited visibility  (Read 7630 times)

Vincent1000

unlimited visibility
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:30:28 pm »

Hi, guys!

Question for you, how do I get unlimited visibility in outerra? I think the fog setting in the environment settings have to be changed a bit but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Cheers,
         Vincrnt

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
Re: unlimited visibility
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 07:25:31 pm »

Sounds like you are referring to light scattering, even on really clear days you will find this is there.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:04:01 am »

You can adjust the settings under Environment > Fog

But i guess you are meaning the mie scattering. You'll find it under Environment > Atmosphere. This is the blueish fog in far distances. And this is based on physical equations. So i think the mie scattering doesnt have to be changed and you are wrong.

Vincent1000

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 01:54:40 am »

Hi, Necro!

I think you mean atmospheric haze? Thanks!

Cheers,
         Vincent

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 05:27:33 am »

So what?

Vincent1000

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 03:21:25 pm »

Hi, Necro!

I think it is atmospheric haze what I'm seeing when I'm looking at the ground when I'm at the high altitude in outerra.

Cheers,
         Vincent

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 02:19:57 am »

Ok, fine. How does that help you?

Vincent1000

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 03:30:06 am »

Hi, guys!

I don't know how to explain about the atmospheric haze?? Thanks!

Cheers,
        Vincent

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 03:47:04 am »

There are two kinds of "haze". One is the Rayleigh scattering, scattering of light off the air molecules, that's the one responsible for the blue sky. If you lower the scattering values, you will also change the sky color. The other is Mie scattering off the water vapor, that one can be lowered to make a dry air, but it's not visible much except low on the ground and looking towards the sun.

These values are physically correct, so if you feel they are making too much haze, there's probably a different problem you are seeing. For example, in the morning/evening the sun rays have to travel a long way through a denser air layers, and consequently they produce more haze as the light scatters more. With the sun over your head you'll see a clearer picture, but that's just because it's realistic that way.

Another thing that may cause a feeling of too much haze are the missing urban & civilization patterns on the ground. With everything mostly green it feels as if it was more blurred.

Vincent1000

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 12:44:40 pm »

Hi, Cameni!

Okay, I get it about the atmospheric haze now! Thanks for explaining this to me! Now that makes sense!

Cheers,
          Vincent

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 12:53:08 pm »

I think it is the scale and height achievable in UFO mode. When you can't leave the ground it looks perfect. When you are 3 miles in the air (which few people in real life are) you don't know how the atmosphere affects the horizon.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 02:22:34 pm »

I think it is the scale and height achievable in UFO mode. When you can't leave the ground it looks perfect. When you are 3 miles in the air (which few people in real life are) you don't know how the atmosphere affects the horizon.

In high mountains, witch are single based with far visibility on a flat space, this could be seen too ... actually an interesting thing to observe if humidity in the region is changing. A little tourist walk to the right place will show you nicely Vincent (or find some vid. where they start a rocket to stratosphere and falls on a chute slowly down .. there its nicely seen too if camera has good position.).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.