Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cloudy update  (Read 13555 times)

thibdumont

Re: Cloudy update
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 04:56:30 pm »

You have good reasons not to give a release date.
But may be you could write a post every month or so to show people what you are working on, even if it's work in progress and stuff that may not come in the engine at all. A couple years ago, you used to write really interesting stuff on your blog but it's been a while you did not.
The "development and progress" thread has been pretty quiet too.

Just a quick post, picture or video would make people happier time to time, like your cloud video. Even if it's not perfect, it's really cool to see what you have achieved yet.

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 05:02:07 pm »

Thank you for this little video, Cameni! Now I see that it's worth even a longer wait.

I would agree with the previous post, it's more practical than a countdown timer...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:06:10 pm by DenisJ »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 10:08:04 pm »

"Maturity is knowing postpone an immediate good, by the greater, in long term".
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

soulunite

• Obsessed with Outerra
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 10:20:10 pm »

Amazing video Cameni! Keep up the great work

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 02:22:59 am »

You have good reasons not to give a release date.
But may be you could write a post every month or so to show people what you are working on, even if it's work in progress and stuff that may not come in the engine at all. A couple years ago, you used to write really interesting stuff on your blog but it's been a while you did not.
The "development and progress" thread has been pretty quiet too.

Just a quick post, picture or video would make people happier time to time, like your cloud video. Even if it's not perfect, it's really cool to see what you have achieved yet.

That's true, I've been neglecting the blog and progress updates in the amount of work we've got last year, especially the extra management work. I was hoping other team members would stand up and contribute, but seems I'll have to kick them into it and ignore the excuses :)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 02:14:25 pm »

Yeah, Pig, come on...  ::)  :))
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 04:01:30 am »

Yeah, Pig, come on...  ::)  :))

... You know there are now more of them, why dont you pick the actual "object" for blaming stuff (there always is someone like that) =D ... ms. casual plant on the dask ! ... bad plant !  =D  =D

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 12:47:27 pm »

That's what my Spycrab is for.  :P

"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

tknudsen

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 08:29:40 am »

I know that it may seem kinda silly but...
Is it possible? I realize that you can't set exact point in time where you'll be ready for sure, but at least approximately, or you can add as much extra time as you think you might need. Anyway, it would far better than every time going to the forum hoping to see those long-awaited words and not seeing anything :-[
(I guess I started fantasizing too much...)

Some things are really hard to predict, especially if it's basically an ongoing research, and some issues and artifacts that seem fixable often turn out to be blockers and the whole thing has to be redone. I thought it would be ready by early December, but you see ...

Anyway, even though the thing is still not finished and it's not unlikely that it will be redone differently yet, I think there will be a testable ugly version soon™ to break the fast. A couple of things that prevent me from pushing it out now - rendering not working when you are inside the cloud, cloud cover missing after 100km, and various artifacts. I'd at least like to fix the inside rendering before the release, but I'm not sure what obstacles await me there yet.

Those clouds were insane

LeeP

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2015, 02:37:03 am »

Seriously! You can see a hence of precipitation under the darker clouds !! You guys are awesome !!
 Not talking about this video, you just have to get out there.....in there  to see what Im talking about.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:43:00 am by LeeP »
Pages: 1 [2]