Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: How to Close Output Log?  (Read 5560 times)

Thomas988

How to Close Output Log?
« on: March 16, 2015, 06:36:03 pm »

Hi! I'm new around here! I bought Outerra a couple days ago, and it is incredible!

However, just today I booted up Outerra and before me was this output log, or whatever it may be called. I tried to ignore it, but it did not take long to annoy me to death. However, I couldn't find anything in the controls panel saying how to close it. So, how do I remove it?

Seriously, this thing is killing the immersion so bad. I can't even see the interior of the plane I like to fly!

HiFlyer

Re: How to Close Output Log?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 06:51:00 pm »

Press the "P" key.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Thomas988

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:59:05 pm »

Thanks, it worked! :D

aWac9

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 07:06:27 pm »

C:\Users\usuario\Outerra\eng.cfg 

-  Notepad++  --

111 disable_log_popup = true

"cameni
Version 0.8.4.5175 (30 Jan 2015)
error window popup can be disabled in eng.cfg disable_log_popup=true"

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 08:06:44 pm »

C:\Users\usuario\Outerra\eng.cfg 

-  Notepad++  --

111 disable_log_popup = true

"cameni
Version 0.8.4.5175 (30 Jan 2015)
error window popup can be disabled in eng.cfg disable_log_popup=true"

True, but I kind of like to take a look at what the popup is saying, in case its important, before I kill it.   :)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 02:21:02 am »

We will change it to just a single line appearing with the last error, possibly fading away after some time, with a shortcut key printed there to open the log.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 04:15:48 am »

We will change it to just a single line appearing with the last error, possibly fading away after some time, with a shortcut key printed there to open the log.

... i wouldnt let just a single line. Sometimes its good to test several variables or errors at the same time ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 04:42:00 am »

... i wouldnt let just a single line. Sometimes its good to test several variables or errors at the same time ...
Agreed. I think that with just fading away after some time if the log window wasn't activated by the user, would be just fine.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 07:33:34 am »

I meant - a single line appearing at the bottom if the user didn't open the window himself, with the last error shown. If user presses P it will show the log window as it's now.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 09:45:24 am »

Ah, alright, that's just perfect then.