Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Game keeps freezing  (Read 2750 times)

noics

Game keeps freezing
« on: August 11, 2015, 12:54:03 pm »

Everytime I boot up the game, It says it's loading and then freezes and then Windows say my AMD driver has stopped responding, I'm unsure of the issue and have updated them to the latest driver and made sure nothing has been injected from looking at the eng.log file but still no clue on why it's doing it

Log file attached.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Game keeps freezing
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 03:32:55 pm »

This is a known issue with some AMD cards, and it seems something with tree rendering is causing it.
To confirm please edit world.cfg and set trees = false there.

Alternatively, it was observed that setting MSAA ≥ 8 or 4 helps too (no idea why, but it's a driver problem). You can edit eng.cfg and change msaa = 8 there. Please let us know if any of these helped, as we need a reliable test case for reporting it to AMD.

noics

Re: Game keeps freezing
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 04:35:42 pm »

I changed those settings you recommended but the same thing happened, When I checked the MSAA it was already set to 1 anyway, but tried changing it to see if it helped but didn't

Just incase you need it again i'll upload the eng.log for this test

UPDATE: Right so I just changed a few other settings, like changing it to fullscreen, my max resolution as well and it seems to be working fine now! so unless it's something to do with being in windowed mode, I'm not too sure
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:39:13 pm by noics »