Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: CEF Bridge?  (Read 4095 times)

Shadowfita

CEF Bridge?
« on: January 27, 2016, 11:11:26 pm »

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to use cef with some sort of bridge to change settings in Outerra? as a custom menu of sorts. If it can be done then it means people can create nice looking/fast moving html5 menu designs which directly integrate into the outerra engine, could be fancy.

angrypig

Re: CEF Bridge?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 10:35:28 am »

We are not using CEF for HTML we have our own chromium library. You don't need any kind of bridge to create custom menus you can rewrite existing pages. It would be better if you tell us more about your idea so we can help you.

Shadowfita

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 04:39:20 pm »

I was just wondering if there was something in place which allowed that. Like there is a mod for Halo Online as an example and some people made this http://halo.thefeeltra.in/ to work with the game, doesn't use a bridge but I think later on its planned.

*edit*

by bridge I mean call engine functions through html, c# functions or whatever language is required.

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 04:54:03 pm »

I was just wondering if there was something in place which allowed that. Like there is a mod for Halo Online as an example and some people made this http://halo.thefeeltra.in/ to work with the game, doesn't use a bridge but I think later on its planned.

*edit*

by bridge I mean call engine functions through html, c# functions or whatever language is required.

Followed the link, and that's very cool! I've been wondering about something like that for Outerra, but since they are doing so much for TitanIM, and government/Military seem to like extremely utilitarian interfaces, I figured we wouldn't see much flashy from an Outerra Interface until there was an actual game on the table.

Or obviously earlier, if people actually can make custom ones like this!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Shadowfita

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 05:36:12 pm »

Yeah, I think it'd be really nice if it was possible to do that.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 05:37:50 pm »

That's exactly how the existing UI communicates with the engine, calling engine functions from html/js.

Shadowfita

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 05:50:47 pm »

So in theory it would be possible to use the menu I linked above with Outerra?