Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Walking Mode with Cameraman Facility  (Read 5087 times)

Heyworth

Walking Mode with Cameraman Facility
« on: February 16, 2013, 08:01:40 am »

How can I create the impression of walking?
Is there a plugin or standard file to import?

OTI - Opinions, Thoughts, Ideas & Imagination

O.) Walking is an overlooked and underrated feature of the current Outerra Anteworld release.
T.) It would be good to include the physical attributes of crouching, walking, jogging, running and jumping Le breathing and motion etc
I.) Optional camera view/overlay for photography and videoing. Useful for 'multi-player' creation of movies. Ie. Filming a friends flyby etc. This would be an excellent facility for the community to promote the Outerra engine. Imagine being able to record a chase scene using multiple cameramen.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:07:34 am by Heyworth »

GHAO

• Thinking
Re: Walking Mode with Cameraman Facility
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 04:18:22 pm »

O.) If it's possible in a simple FPS like Enemy Territory Quake Wars then it should be possible. But Outerra will require so much more detail, especially with third person view!
T.) I would guess by the end almost all human functions would be there. To avoid censors there wouldn't be any sex or drugs/injections/smoking, but modelling a planet full of humans without modelling a single toilet is wrong, so urinating should be there :P
T.) Having cameramen as a 'job' in Outerra is certainly... unusual, but it's a neat idea!

Nice system of the OTI, I'm going to use that much more :)

Heyworth

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 06:05:09 pm »

I love to bounce OTI's around forums and Reddit posts...
Makes for a thought provoking read.

Heyworth

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 08:43:55 am »

Check this out... I've heard that it's going on Kickstarter.com soon.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 08:20:22 pm »

Kickstarter started today and it got 3x its goal already...  :o :o :o
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1944625487/omni-move-naturally-in-your-favorite-game
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:58 am »

Is he learning to walk ? ( as a certain person i know said to this :D ) ... nice thingy, finally some exercise going on, doe, seems - no crouch support ? I want some dirt in face, and swimming   ;D ... Remember that old vid. from some guy, where they tried the possibility of this some years ago - liked how they mounted some paintball guns to it ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.