Anteworld - Outerra Game > Modding: Importer, Tools & Utilities

Character Animation

(1/11) > >>

andfly:
Here is a fantastic new possible method of animation in the world Outerra !!!
(  New to me ... probably always existed! )

In all honesty, this discovery, it is not my doing.
Once again I have to thank KW71 (sooner or later I'll have to offer him at least a beer ...)
It was only because of his stubbornness and insistence that I was (almost) forced to perform tests that led me to discover this new method did not think possible!

In his opinion it was possible to animate a character (or a model in general) through moving the bones of her structure , if you use 3DS Max.
I had already tried, years ago (with the Orca), but I had not gotten results: so I had abandoned.
The cause of the failure was the use of software not designed for this purpose: the original Outerra importer from "collada" file and the "Blender" program of building models.

But if you use the Outerra FBX importer  and building the model with 3DS Max: then the file "PKG" contains the definition of the model bones and the connections of bones with assigned vertices.

At this point just set, in the script, the bones as a "joint" and apply the "rotate_joint" method.
The bones will move, and drag the vertices linked, redesigning and "stretching" the meches in the new location without interruption ... as within the 3D drawing program !!

Unfortunately Blender is not able to create a "FBX" file correctly interpretable by the importer of Outerra and it would seem mandatory to use 3DS Max ... but it's not true at all !
If you export your model, from Blender, in "DAE" and becomes "FBX" with an external converter, you can get a "good" file to the FBX importer of Outerra.
And this is a great opportunity because Blender is totally free and 3DS Max instead ...

I sketched in a short time, a model without too many demands for perfection only to concretely illustrate the method discovered.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgaGhVOEdHclNHZ0k/view?usp=sharing

and I made a short video :

At this point there are no more excuses ...
I expect, in a short time, an explosion of life in the world of Anteworld !!!

KW71:
No, no. Thanks for the credits but:

" If you export your model, from Blender, in "DAE" and becomes "FBX" with an external converter"

You found out that, not me...

"In his opinion it was possible to animate a character (or a model in general) through moving the bones of her structure , if you use 3DS Max."

And this are Angrypig's tips & indications

I'm just a link... you're in one end, and Angrypig in the other, so... Kudos for both of you!    :)

Acetone:
Nice work!  :)

nothinglikethesun:

--- Quote from: andfly on November 28, 2016, 07:19:49 pm ---Here is a fantastic new possible method of animation in the world Outerra !!!
(  New to me ... probably always existed! )

In all honesty, this discovery, it is not my doing.
Once again I have to thank KW71 (sooner or later I'll have to offer him at least a beer ...)
It was only because of his stubbornness and insistence that I was (almost) forced to perform tests that led me to discover this new method did not think possible!

In his opinion it was possible to animate a character (or a model in general) through moving the bones of her structure , if you use 3DS Max.
I had already tried, years ago (with the Orca), but I had not gotten results: so I had abandoned.
The cause of the failure was the use of software not designed for this purpose: the original Outerra importer from "collada" file and the "Blender" program of building models.

But if you use the Outerra FBX importer  and building the model with 3DS Max: then the file "PKG" contains the definition of the model bones and the connections of bones with assigned vertices.

At this point just set, in the script, the bones as a "joint" and apply the "rotate_joint" method.
The bones will move, and drag the vertices linked, redesigning and "stretching" the meches in the new location without interruption ... as within the 3D drawing program !!

Unfortunately Blender is not able to create a "FBX" file correctly interpretable by the importer of Outerra and it would seem mandatory to use 3DS Max ... but it's not true at all !
If you export your model, from Blender, in "DAE" and becomes "FBX" with an external converter, you can get a "good" file to the FBX importer of Outerra.
And this is a great opportunity because Blender is totally free and 3DS Max instead ...

I sketched in a short time, a model without too many demands for perfection only to concretely illustrate the method discovered.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgaGhVOEdHclNHZ0k/view?usp=sharing

and I made a short video :

At this point there are no more excuses ...
I expect, in a short time, an explosion of life in the world of Anteworld !!!

--- End quote ---

Bravo!!! :-)

andfly:

--- Quote from: KW71 on November 28, 2016, 08:31:26 pm ---No, no. Thanks for the credits but: ......

--- End quote ---

I'm not used to free thanks ...

I confirm!
If it was not for your intuition and your concern, I would never have discovered this method!

But ... maybe I get it ... you do not like beer !!!

( This can be remedied in another way ... )

:) :) :)       :) :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version