Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: trim...how is it ment to work?  (Read 2826 times)

krz9000

trim...how is it ment to work?
« on: October 07, 2012, 11:46:33 am »

i manage to fly the plane and the helicopter decently now but i still have several unsolved questions:

- how does trim work in the plane and the helicopter? right now pressing the button does not do anything. also keeping it pressed and then tapping on the axis buttons does not adjust anything. is this function currently not implemented?

- the heli has some weird initial momentum after disengaging the hoover mode. is this intentional? i manage to to correct it without crashing now but it still feels weird. the trick is usually to gain enough forward momentum before disengaging hoover-mode, then slowly reversing the massive spin step by step with reentering hoover-mode if the spin is too much. all this does not feel very realistic (i never flown a helicopter and my only experience is coming from FSX, BF3, xplane, arma.)

angrypig

Re: trim...how is it ment to work?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:32:32 am »

Trim is not finished it works if it is mapped to joystick HAT/POT button only. I will add more input events for trim in next version...

The heli FDM model is WIP, basically it is the AH1S model with modified landing gear so it is not real AH64 with advanced flight system control. I'm going to update JSBSim to the latest version, there were a few changes in the AH1S model.