Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Server for users in China  (Read 3261 times)

gnatho

Server for users in China
« on: November 16, 2012, 01:11:54 am »

Any chances to move or set up an alternative server for users who cant access appspot.com domain ? For example in China, the only way to get updates and terrain data is to use VPN (which is quite slow)  :(

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Server for users in China
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 03:46:33 am »

Terrain data aren't served from appspot, but from the outerraworld.com at the moment. Can you access that one?
Else the whole server logic is on the appspot and it would not be easy to duplicate it somewhere else. One possibility would be to set up a proxy server for China.

Btw I've read somewhere that China doesn't allow games where some real nations are against each other, is it so? I'm wondering what will happen once nations start recolonizing Earth in OT :)

gnatho

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 06:05:45 am »

At the moment, I can't even log in without VPN. I use .3379 and get the error "handshake with outerraworld.appspot.com:443 failed; NSS error code -5928, net-errror -103".

I'm not Chinese and I've never heard about such a strange law, but it may be true. This country is full of crazy things. Anyway keep up doing great work ! I'm getting more and more excited with every update.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 06:10:45 am »

Well, you may need the VPN to log in, because that is handled by appspot. But the terrain data are downloaded differently, not from the browser but internally directly from outerraworld.com