Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Mirror & Light Reflections On Objects  (Read 3725 times)

Jonathan

Mirror & Light Reflections On Objects
« on: October 30, 2013, 02:47:39 pm »

Is there any plans to have reflective surface models being implemented into Outerra such as mirror & light reflections underneath the wings of a Cessna when you look out the window like this?
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-172S-Skyhawk/2316744/&sid=a97f6cf02c91238313f8b3b766b7d7b0]http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-172S-Skyhawk/2316744/&sid=a97f6cf02c91238313f8b3b766b7d7b0

I also think implementing reflective materials would benefit the modding community for cars and & other objects in the world and having the ability to adjust the reflections so objects can have an intense or have a very little reflection to them.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
Re: Mirror & Light Reflections On Objects
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 03:04:48 pm »

Reflections will be added eventualy. The reflection amount will be controlled by the material.
Correct me if I`m wrong here, please.
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

Timmo

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 06:26:49 pm »

Generally these aren't a true reflection as that's quite computationally taxing- More common is to specify a cubed environmental map which contains representative ground and sky textures.

Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 06:15:52 pm »

Maybe they could add like a glossy material for Outerra like a piece of mirror to mimic reflections underneath wings with a transparency adjustment so u can still see through the glass and the underside of the wing details?