Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Is C++ the right language for me to learn to use Outerra.  (Read 3369 times)

Cronin

• Programmer and Game Developer.
Is C++ the right language for me to learn to use Outerra.
« on: May 03, 2014, 08:00:31 am »

Hey folks I just wanted to know if C++ is the right language to learn if I wanted to use the Engines Sdk when it eventually comes out. For my planned game Stale Nation I have been using C++ for all scripts and code. Is this the best language to use or is there a more native language for the Sdk than C++?
Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram @1666Mhz, Gigabyte Gtx 770 4Gb Vram, Gigabyte Sniper G1 mobo, Razer Naga 2014 mmo mouse, Razer deathstalker essential keyboard.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Is C++ the right language for me to learn to use Outerra.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 02:56:09 pm »

C++ for the native API, Javascript and later probably LUA for scripting. Scripting is usually not done in C++ because you need something that you can modify in run time.

Cronin

• Programmer and Game Developer.
Re: Is C++ the right language for me to learn to use Outerra.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 09:59:21 am »

That's great thanks and will the Sdk source be available for those who purchase commercial licences. So Lua will be supported for scripting.
Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram @1666Mhz, Gigabyte Gtx 770 4Gb Vram, Gigabyte Sniper G1 mobo, Razer Naga 2014 mmo mouse, Razer deathstalker essential keyboard.