Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: How to move/delete objects after placing them somewhere ?  (Read 3881 times)

Splintimulation

How to move/delete objects after placing them somewhere ?
« on: April 21, 2013, 01:13:00 pm »

How can I select an object to move/delete it after having it placed ? If I just click on it nothing happens (I'd expect the 3d-arrows showing up).

I'd like to remove the star destroyer that currently puts a huge shadow above my favourite place.

Seems to work for objects such as the hangar but not for any placed vehicles or modified objects.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:34:56 pm by Splintimulation »

Juggernautz

Re: How to move/delete objects after placing them somewhere ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 01:36:53 pm »

Make sure you have the object window open, otherwise you can't select anything.

Also, make sure that the floating one is not the preview mesh which is placed at the camera's location when importing. In order to get rid of that one, you'll have to restart Outerra. Hope that helps! :)

Splintimulation

Re: How to move/delete objects after placing them somewhere ?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 12:14:06 pm »

Make sure you have the object window open, otherwise you can't select anything.

Also, make sure that the floating one is not the preview mesh which is placed at the camera's location when importing. In order to get rid of that one, you'll have to restart Outerra. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks I did that. I guess that's another problem with the models as it works with most but not with for example the Star Destroyer (can't find the link right now - it's this one). It's also not working with any vehicles.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:20:49 pm by Splintimulation »