Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crashing on startup  (Read 6643 times)

ChristianH

Crashing on startup
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:16:36 pm »

Hello!

Whenever I run the game and it says "Checking for updated planetary data", the game simply crashes.
It worked the first time I started the game right after downloading, but not anymore.

fsxthai

Re: Crashing on startup
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:23:38 pm »

I think it's just the servers suffering a little bit from the rapid increase of traffic these last 24-36 hours.

ChristianH

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 06:47:15 pm »

I think it's just the servers suffering a little bit from the rapid increase of traffic these last 24-36 hours.

Yup must have been. All good now. Thanks for letting me know :)

omnivore

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 10:11:06 pm »

Preface: I do not care if you like windows 8 or not, do not waste my and your own time explaining how much you do not like windows 8 or saying "well theres your problem: windows 8." This is not my concern, nor should it be yours.

As for my problem, I installed anteworld and ran around for a second then I said, "hey, wouldn't this look great in fullscreen mode on my 55 inch screen? why yes it would." So I changed the appropriate settings. I honestly cannot remember (I wish I could blame it on drug use, unfortunately I'm not that fun) whether the program froze, or shut itself down, or I exited for some reason. Regardless, I had to start the program again. I did and it says "anteworld has stopped working." and it does this every time i go to start the demo. So i have included a screenshot and my eng.log. At the bottom of the screenshot there are some errors. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and I still get the "anteworld has stopped working" pop-up. Thanks for the help in advance.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:14:10 pm by omnivore »

ecgallagher

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19:52 pm »

I was running the demo then upgraded to full version via paypal. Transaction went through.
On restart I am getting same exact error - it is a 403 error.
error occurs when trying to run demo mode also.
I am running Window 7.

Looks like problem might be with hostgator.com - getting the attached image when trying to login

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:23:09 pm by ecgallagher »

mationn

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:23:06 pm »

I am having the same error on Windows 8.1 (403) as I launch the demo.

omnivore

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 10:24:06 pm »

I read a few others that point the finger at server related issues. Which would make sense considering it says there is a server error on the little log at the bottom of the screen cap. I haven't the slightest. are you currently having this issue ecgallagher?

ecgallagher

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 10:25:55 pm »

yes, same exact issue - updated my post with more info.

omnivore

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 10:26:21 pm »

Mationn do you have the same readout on the bottom of your screen as myself and gallagher? If so, I am gonna go ahead and guess it is a server issue.

omnivore

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 10:53:46 pm »

Apparently outerra blew up on reddit today. So maybe the servers are getting beat up by newbies like us?

frammelpie

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 11:00:47 pm »

I've got this exact same crash screen in Windows 7, and it was working fine yesterday.  I didn't get a chance to test whether or not it was working *before I installed the middle-earth demo, but it certainly quit working afterwards.  I reinstalled the program and cleared registry entries though, and without the Middle-Earth environment, it's giving the same error.

eng.log attached in case anyone can make sense of it, but yeah, probably a server issue.

Bluedragon981

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 11:06:22 pm »

So I am not the best at technological stuff. Anyway I just downloaded this game and upon hitting "Enter" I crash and it forces me to close the program.
Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/JLE00X88

Thanks for your time. :)

edbe

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 11:10:25 pm »

Getting the same server issues as everyone else...

Jake

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 11:11:21 pm »

I'm also getting the same error on Windows 7. As stated above, I think it is server related, most likely due to the sudden increase in popularity on reddit today (the reason I am here now, actually.) It was working fine earlier today around 2:00PM. It's 10:00PM now. I'm a little bummed that this is happening because I just payed for the full version only to find the servers are down :/ Maybe everyone will stop trying and the servers will be back up soon o.O

Or the exact opposite.

edbe

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 11:11:28 pm »

You're getting a server error like everyone else.
Pages: [1] 2