Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Issues using downloaded aircraft  (Read 2621 times)

bongodriver

Issues using downloaded aircraft
« on: August 09, 2013, 08:39:34 am »

I have downloaded a few of the add on aircraft like millennium falcon, snowspeeder etc and they fail to spawn giving the message that the FDM's failed to load.

All were installed using the .otx installation and as far as I can see no files are missing, all the FDM files required are in the required directories.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:21:03 am by bongodriver »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Issues using downloaded aircraft
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 09:22:01 am »

Those older modes (or their initial install files) required an additional install step that is usually described there (copying the FDM files), but users often ignore it. For some there are updated install packages later in their threads, if the owner forgot to update the first post.

bongodriver

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 09:39:39 am »

But none of the FDM files seem to be missing from the jsbsim folder, for a couple of them the file called for is the mig29 FDM (this includes the mod I am making and the error still comes up, I am in the process of sending the .log file on another issue, will there be something in there relating?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 09:50:42 am »

Check the objdef file, if there's an entry: "fdm_root_dir" : "./" then it means the FDM files are local, within the package folder. If not, they are expected to be in the jsbsim/ folder under the program's install directory.

If they are local, they must contain everything that's needed by the FDM model. That usually includes engine/direct.xml file from the jsbsim folder.

bongodriver

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 10:28:40 am »

Ok, that problem is solved, the direct.xml file was missing and my own mod needed the the "fdm_root_dir" to be edited, now my own mod loads and I can fly it, I am having an absolute blast flying around in outerra using my oculus rift.