User mods, screenshots & videos > Scenery

Alaska scenery

<< < (58/59) > >>

2eyed:
That looks promising! Can we adjust seasons via time scale?

HiFlyer:
My only caveat would be that the red trees are a bit unnaturally rectangular.

aWac9:
The red, could be a mistake in Alaska ... I find species as well.
the only biome red is low-growing vegetation beyond the northern boundary of the wooded area. far north, the tundra.

thanks for everything,,, is just an observation

http://myslide.es/documents/arboles-de-alaska.html

KW71:

--- Quote from: HiFlyer on July 27, 2016, 09:46:29 am ---My only caveat would be that the red trees are a bit unnaturally rectangular.

--- End quote ---

Yes... When I have some time I'll re-render those from a different angle.

--- Quote from: aWac9 on July 27, 2016, 12:44:24 pm ---The red, could be a mistake in Alaska ... I find species as well.
the only biome red is low-growing vegetation beyond the northern boundary of the wooded area. far north, the tundra.

thanks for everything,,, is just an observation

http://myslide.es/documents/arboles-de-alaska.html

--- End quote ---

The distribution of the species still lacks some parameters, but for include that we need more billboards, so for now we are using trees from all around the globe in all locations. Even so, I think a perfect match would be a real challenge, because, beside temperature and precipitation, there are too many factors that determine a specie can or can not grow in a specific location: soil, size os seeds (to be carried by the wind), water underground, insects (to pollinate), plagues... etc., etc.

Acetone:

--- Quote from: KW71 on July 27, 2016, 06:37:15 pm ---The distribution of the species still lacks some parameters, but for include that we need more billboards, so for now we are using trees from all around the globe in all locations. Even so, I think a perfect match would be a real challenge, because, beside temperature and precipitation, there are too many factors that determine a specie can or can not grow in a specific location: soil, size os seeds (to be carried by the wind), water underground, insects (to pollinate), plagues... etc., etc.

--- End quote ---

+ the human impact, very important in some areas (single species for paper/construction wood), it's impossible to reproduce that with biomes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version