Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Converting a video  (Read 2950 times)

Thaumaturge

• My YouTube account.
Converting a video
« on: June 14, 2012, 03:44:24 pm »

I have troubles with converting a video to .avi. To be honest I have no idea what should I do :-[
I was looking for some tutorials, but I couldn't find anything.
Can anyone write here something like a step by step guide please? I've never worked with a .bat files before. I don't know where to put the arguments.
Thanks a lot :)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Converting a video
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 04:44:08 pm »

To make it simpler, you should unzip the converter files directly  into the videos folder where you have the YOG files located.

Then you need to open a command window for it. If you navigate to the folder where you put the converter and hold shift while pressing right mouse button, in the popup menu you'll see "open command window here". Click it, and in the command prompt write:
Code: [Select]
conv xxxxx.yog blabla.avi
where xxxxx is the name of the YOG file to convert, and blabla is the desired output file name.
It should start converting the file, creating the resulting avi file in the same folder.

Thaumaturge

• My YouTube account.
Re: Converting a video
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 05:42:43 pm »

Thank you :D
Looks like it's working. I did it a bit differently, because I have Win XP and there isn't that option "open command window here". So I clicked on edit write it in the notepad. It's looking good, still converting.