Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Opentrack positional tracking  (Read 6737 times)

bongodriver

Opentrack positional tracking
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:31:43 pm »

I can't get the positional tracking with the aruco tracker in opentack to work in outerra, it all works but for some reason nothing is happening in game, what am I missing?

I forgot to mention I am using an oculus DK.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Opentrack positional tracking
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 01:21:01 am »

Have you set opentrack to use FreeTrack protocol? Also, there should be a mention in the eng.log that the tracker was successfully connected.

bongodriver

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 05:32:11 am »

yes, freetrack 2.0 protocol is set, the eng.log is a massive wall of text that is difficult to pick out detail but near the top I could see a line saying 'Monitor0
INFO: FT tracker initialized
DEBUG:'

there is some odd behaviour from opentrack, for some reason I cannot get it to hold some settings, specifically the options to disable/enable rotation and translation, I disable all rotations (so outerra can use the oculus tracker) but opentrack also disables the Ty, if I re-enable Ty then opentrack keeps enabling Rx.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 05:40:28 am »

If Rift is present, OT uses just the translations from the external tracker, no need to disable them. Going to check a recent opentrack version to see if there's a problem ..

bongodriver

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 09:25:09 am »

let us know if anything g interesting is found.

bongodriver

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 05:40:44 am »

I think I might need a tutorial on opentrack, I noticed that only raw data is being picked up but nothing is happening to the pink octopus or the axis readings next to it, no matter what version of opentrack I install it always seems to be running the 2.0 rc1........I say instal but there doesn't seem to be any actual installer, I just paste it into a folder and run from there, I have absolutely no ide what to do with all the source code that is at the opentrack 'site'........why do they make this so hard?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 06:09:52 am »

Ok so it seems the defaults are bad, and you have to configure them to be of any use.
I used the most recent version from http://ts3.cosaofficial.pl/opentrack/ (mine says it's 2.0rc1 too).

Apart from the usual stuff - selecting the right tracker, FreeTrack 2.0 protocol, Accela filter, what needs to be done: click the "Mapping" button, and in the upper graphs of all axes (Yaw/Pitch/Roll/X/Y/Z) add a point on the rightmost side, moving it up into the corner:

Once this is done, you should see the output values (near the pink octopus) working.

Then define a shortcut key for resetting the origin by clicking the "Keys" button, and define shortcut for "Center". Use the shortcut to set the normal head position, you should see the output values reset to zero.
Save the profile and it should work. You may need to adjust the axes sensitivity by modifying the profile curves though.

bongodriver

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 06:22:31 am »

Yes, thank you, that is the solution.