Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: Latest version: 0.8.3.4883  (Read 318336 times)

aaronin93313

Re: Latest version: 0.8.3.4861
« Reply #465 on: September 13, 2014, 05:27:53 am »

Thanks for the update! Works great!

aaronin93313

Re: Latest version: 0.8.3.4853
« Reply #466 on: September 13, 2014, 05:30:14 am »

Mig cockpit appears to be a bit to small too. In former versions there was a scale setting for the rift dk1. What was it for?

To make the cockpit look larger, lower the eye separation in the stereoscopic settings.  That worked for me.  Increasing made everything look smaller, decreasing made everything bigger.  I agree.  The cockpits did look a little small so I changed the setting.

2eyed

Re: Latest version: 0.8.3.4853
« Reply #467 on: September 13, 2014, 05:54:21 am »

To make the cockpit look larger, lower the eye separation in the stereoscopic settings.  That worked for me.  Increasing made everything look smaller, decreasing made everything bigger.  I agree.  The cockpits did look a little small so I changed the setting.

Does it apply for the rift mode aswell? The size feeling in rift  is a tricky thing and is influenced even by sitting or standing when inVR.

whitav8

« Reply #468 on: September 13, 2014, 10:24:33 pm »

I really like using cylindrical mode with my three monitors - no distortion - but "freezes" sometimes. Would like to be able to fly in Mig29 in the cylindrical mode - the seat (or something) is in the way for cockpit view. Would really like an outside camera view that rolls and pitches with the aircraft (a chase mode) so you can feel like you are flying in formation. Also, the terrain shadows of the new release (very cool!!!) seem to move (as if the sun has moved) as I fly along - especially with the chase views. Thanks for all the improvements!

2eyed

« Reply #469 on: September 14, 2014, 05:36:45 am »

I'm really happy with the update so far. But there is always demand for more and better. ;D
What special optimizations were done to make dk2 version more fps friendly? Tree range seem significantly reduced and the cutoff is quite visible even with the highest setting even in rift. Same with tree shadows. Any ideas for further improvements?
Could you please reenable vertical mouse movement in rift mode?
And mapping for the "c" key to a controller button. Always pulling  rift on and off is tedious.

Surprisingly, adjusting eye separation to only 5cm fixed the " too small feeling" in rift. Thanks to aaronin who pointed that out.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #470 on: September 14, 2014, 07:46:06 am »

Anyone noticed this? It only happens at certain coordinates...

And what about this? I think it looks kinda cool! ;D

Cubemap generated at ground level:

Cubemap generated at the same location the screenshot was taken from:

I didn't touch any settings in Environment settings btw.

To test it yourself, go to the same location using the screenshots, and set the sun position like this:

It seems that this only happens at the poles and at certain sun position...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #471 on: September 14, 2014, 08:01:06 am »

I suspect the tree cutoff is now more visible because of the tree shading and some changes in tree lighting. Just to be sure, can you give me your terrain quality settings?

I'll look at the mouse handling, because I'm not sure why the vertical pitch control was disabled. I think something with the mouse was affecting roll instead, and I blocked it there. But when I think about it, it should not have been the vertical movement.

Camera should be bindable to buttons - in movement tab, toggle camera action.

2eyed

« Reply #472 on: September 14, 2014, 09:05:37 am »

Tree cutoff distance in rift mode is definitely closer than in normal monitor view. Tested with same settings. Also tree shadows seem to have the "Oculus tradeoff".
Camera is indeed bindable. I falsely had the same button for gear assigned.
Zooming with the controller (mouse wheel function) would be helpful too.

twizzstyle

« Reply #473 on: September 14, 2014, 11:25:18 am »

I really like using cylindrical mode with my three monitors - no distortion - but "freezes" sometimes. Would like to be able to fly in Mig29 in the cylindrical mode - the seat (or something) is in the way for cockpit view. Would really like an outside camera view that rolls and pitches with the aircraft (a chase mode) so you can feel like you are flying in formation. Also, the terrain shadows of the new release (very cool!!!) seem to move (as if the sun has moved) as I fly along - especially with the chase views. Thanks for all the improvements!

Here's a thread where I was trying to do the same.  I figured out how to move the camera position, and I place it just forward enough to be outside the cockpit in all of my aircraft, and then I get a "cockpit" view without the airplane model getting in the way (there are tesselation limitations with the cockpit models that cause the weird artifacts you're seeing).  See the last few posts in this thread:

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2332.0

twizzstyle

« Reply #474 on: September 14, 2014, 11:27:13 am »

I just got the new updates, and the shadows are really gorgeous - but they move all over the place as I pan the view?  Is that intentional?  Could there be something screwy with my installation?  It's like the sun is moving with my view.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #475 on: September 14, 2014, 11:35:52 am »

Shadows aren't working correctly in special projection modes yet.

twizzstyle

« Reply #476 on: September 14, 2014, 11:41:16 am »

First thing I tried was switching back to flat projection, and the shadows are still acting funny.  I think I'm going to do a clean install... first time I opened it with the update, I noticed the options for changing the HUD units.  I closed it, re-opened it, and now that menu is gone?  I also thought I saw a checkbox somewhere for AO, and now that's gone, like it's using an old version of the menus... weird.  Time to re-install.

HiFlyer

« Reply #477 on: September 14, 2014, 11:51:47 am »

You can kind of reset Outerra back to "default" settings if you get in trouble, by deleting eng.cfg and world.cfg (while Outerra is closed, then start it up again)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

twizzstyle

« Reply #478 on: September 14, 2014, 12:14:56 pm »

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time.

Did a fresh install - shadows appear to be working normally now, but my menu is still missing the new stuff?

I also noticed when I updated for the first time, the login screen was a pretty mid-day forest picture.  Now the login screen shows the old sunset image - does that give any clues? It does say version 0.8.3.4861

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #479 on: September 14, 2014, 01:19:44 pm »

Did it update twice? Or did it update after you got the green login screen, or it just came up back after the restart?
There was probably a problem installing new files by the patch, or something restored the old files. What are your Windows user access control settings?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38