Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: Latest version: 0.8.4.6017  (Read 247855 times)

PRiME

Re: Latest version: 0.8.4.5197
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2015, 03:42:32 am »

You can always look at the unofficial Omega drivers (think thats what they call em) which are custom drivers for allot of older cards. They tend to pick the best DLLs and combine them into a driver pack for people to download. Is it GURU3D website that has them? not sure.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.8.4.5233
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2015, 06:43:58 am »

Version 0.8.4.5233
  • workaround for purple terrain driver bug on old ati cards and newer catalyst drivers
  • updated MiG - lights, simple engine glow, additional skins (CZ, RU) - many thanks to Uriah for providing these
  • added open "location from image" into F2 location dialog, to load GPS info from photos
  • fixed spotlight orientation vector (was unable to point in Z direction)
  • fixed crash on v (change seat) key
  • missing texture mipmaps replaced with pink textures + warning
  • fixed perf problem in F2 advanced options

This version checks if textures from loaded model contain all mipmaps, and if not, it fills in the missing levels with some debug color (pink) or some default normal values. If you see something that changes material properties in constant distance from the camera, that's likely the result.

Missing mipmaps are a performance problem, so we decided to provide a visual warning.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:46:13 am by cameni »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2015, 10:57:55 am »

Version 0.8.4.5233
  • workaround for purple terrain driver bug on old ati cards and newer catalyst drivers
  • updated MiG - lights, simple engine glow, additional skins (CZ, RU) - many thanks to Uriah for providing these
  • added open "location from image" into F2 location dialog, to load GPS info from photos
  • fixed spotlight orientation vector (was unable to point in Z direction)
  • fixed crash on v (change seat) key
  • missing texture mipmaps replaced with pink textures + warning
  • fixed perf problem in F2 advanced options

This version checks if textures from loaded model contain all mipmaps, and if not, it fills in the missing levels with some debug color (pink) or some default normal values. If you see something that changes material properties in constant distance from the camera, that's likely the result.

Missing mipmaps are a performance problem, so we decided to provide a visual warning.

So, exporting textures whyte mipmaps from gimp is now a necessity ... kinda interesting how different stuff changes them at different distances on the model :

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Juli Stony

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2015, 11:46:32 am »

Have Version 0.8.4.5197 and try to update, it downloads the update, Outerra restarts, when I log in, it start again to download V. 0.8.4.5233.
After again restart and all repeats. It also shows me still Version 0.8.4.5197 as current version.
I use AMD Catalyst Manager 14.4 and had no problems before..
If more details needed, just wirte me - hope, to find a solution soon.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:26 pm »

Seems it can't launch the downloaded update. Check if the update is in your home directory, normally in c:\users\name\outerra\update
Some overprotective antivirus programs will lock it and remove before it can be launched.

Also, if you have a high UAC protection level that prevents programs from making changes, updater can't install the update by itself and will fail. In that case run the update manually.

aWac9

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2015, 12:25:02 pm »

Houston, We have a problem

is a joke .. :)
Outerra....how I solve this problem?

Juli Stony

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2015, 12:36:05 pm »

Thanks, Avast was the problem :) all works great now!

PytonPago

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2015, 12:41:36 pm »

aWac ... take all the textures - open in Gimp (whyte the DDS export addon) and export it whyte the "create mipmaps" options ... Doe, you have to do it for all, piece by piece.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

2eyed

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2015, 12:44:08 pm »

Well, pink isn't exactly my favourite color :D, but the refurbished Mig with those splendid lights is a great enhancement. Kudos to Devs and Uriah!
Could we perhaps get the same for the c172? Would be great!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2015, 12:48:07 pm »

Well, pink isn't exactly my favourite color :D
Pink color was chosen exactly for that "property" :D
As an alert to the problem of missing mipmaps in model textures.

aWac ... take all the textures - open in Gimp (with the DDS export addon) and export it with the "create mipmaps" options ... Doe, you have to do it for all, piece by piece.
Hm, an auto-patch probably wouldn't be hard to do. Nvcompress.exe is already included and it can generate mipmaps too.

PytonPago

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2015, 01:27:48 pm »

Hm, an auto-patch probably wouldn't be hard to do. Nvcompress.exe is already included and it can generate mipmaps too.

... will it be able to see, if some textures already have them ? ...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2015, 02:16:49 pm »

Only if I add a command line switch to it, to do nothing if the texture already has mipmaps. We already added some special filters to it that are used in OT.
But it also needs to know if it's color/normal.

josem75

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2015, 02:48:43 pm »

aWac ... take all the textures - open in Gimp (with the DDS export addon) and export it with the "create mipmaps" options ... Doe, you have to do it for all, piece by piece.

Hmm, or... 

You can use dds converter 1.4, or dds converter 2.1

I usually use  1.4 coz have the 'power of two' option (can destroy ur aspect ratio image, but if u are in a hurry, or have square textures is great)...
Dds converter 2.1 dont have it, but have the posibility of convert dds to another too. So in this case, convert all the dds in png (so can keep the alfa if necesary), and then convert all the png back into dds with mipmaps activated should do the trick.
Just divide between dds type, for example dxt1, dxt5, or ati1 in diferent folders.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:35:20 pm by josem75 »

M7

« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2015, 03:40:52 pm »

... will it be able to see, if some textures already have them ? ...

Made a quick test . I draged and drop dds with and without mipmap through nv compress. It didnt change anything to the ones that already had mipmap and it did add mipmap to the ones that didn't have them.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2015, 04:17:23 pm »

Made a quick test . I draged and drop dds with and without mipmap through nv compress. It didnt change anything to the ones that already had mipmap and it did add mipmap to the ones that didn't have them.

Yes but when you do not specify a type, it will default to DXT1, so it will convert your possibly other DXT formats to it.
But here, an experimental version that preserves the format when none is specified: nvcompress.exe
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33