Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Fast car (Quick implementation)  (Read 4215 times)

Siccity

• You spin me right round, baby right round
Fast car (Quick implementation)
« on: November 14, 2012, 03:34:50 am »

How about a fast car while the tech demo is still running? A buggy, a F1 racing car, a modified train, or a slider controlling the properties of the already existing truck. Whatever. Just something fast.

I would love a fast car, if not for testing if the engine can keep up, then for just playing around. The tech version would be so much more fun to play around in with the ability to roam around on the dunes, slide down cliffs and speed down hills.

I think all the current vehicles / planes are too slow compared to realism. And with a world size like this, running out of movement space is not a problem. I don't see why we should not have any fast vehicles.

PS: Is it normal for the truck to fall through world when landing upside-down?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:36:22 am by Siccity »
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Fast car (Quick implementation)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 03:49:03 am »

For the development version (full) you can download BMW M3 from this thread and also to modify its parameters in the script, as shown in the video. In the demo mode you can still modify the script for the truck, adjusting its max speed or engine force etc, but you need the dev version for that as well.

Vehicles don't collide with their bodies yet, only with the suspension, so landing upside down is not handled properly. But the dev version has fixes so it doesn't fall all the way down anymore.

Siccity

• You spin me right round, baby right round
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 04:01:46 am »

Oh thank you, didn't see that. Is there any forum or site with all the user created "addons" like this yet?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 04:07:08 am »

Right now there are just some in user gallery, like this one: http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=1281.0
Once there will be more models we'll create some specific forum for it, but the importer and physics is only now taking off.