Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Multi Screens  (Read 6404 times)

Ryan10427

• supporter
Multi Screens
« on: November 09, 2013, 10:00:40 am »

Hi, i know this a very basic post

but id love for a feature in the graphic settings to display Outerra across my multiple screens i have, i know you guys are extremely busy, and i dont expect anything like this for the rest of the year but i think it would be great to have that feature to max out my PC's capabilities and enjoy Outerra Even more! just something to ponder about ;P thanks!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Multi Screens
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 11:24:07 am »

You should be able to do it even now, by editing eng.cfg and setting the screen size (screen_width and screen_height) to the Windows virtual desktop size. Alternatively you can also use wnd_x_pos and wnd_y_pos to position the window on Windows virtual desktop.

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 01:36:14 pm »

You should be able to do it even now, by editing eng.cfg and setting the screen size (screen_width and screen_height) to the Windows virtual desktop size. Alternatively you can also use wnd_x_pos and wnd_y_pos to position the window on Windows virtual desktop.

Thanks but im already ahead of yea.. I guess i should've mentioned above that i tried that, im sorry... anyway i did that and my virtual desktop size is 3520 x1080 and when fullscreen is enabled it wont start gives error but when i start it in windowed it works but the center point of the screen is now moved to the space between the screens and menu gets cut off... so its very UN-enjoyable and alil hard to control.. so ill haft to make due till theirs another way to use screens in fullscreen and/or move center point back to middle of  primary
monitor :(

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 01:59:47 pm »

Set wnd_hide_titlebar = true. If your virtual desktop is aligned normally, you should get the correct rendering - many people are running it that way.

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 02:20:40 pm »

Set wnd_hide_titlebar = true. If your virtual desktop is aligned normally, you should get the correct rendering - many people are running it that way.
Thanks that did help with the full screen issue but the center point of the screen isn't in the center of primary... its positioned in between the primary monitor and secondary as in picture or is there no way to fix this ? if not that's okay i can deal with it but it would be amazing if it can be changed ::) ::) ::)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 02:26:57 pm »

What's your display configuration? Seems it's asymmetric ... currently the center is taken from the center of the virtual area, as people with two symmetric displays would want it in the center. But if you are using the secondary screen as a side window, that would require an asymmetrical frustum setup. Hmm, something similar is being done for the stereoscopic rendering, where the projection center can be offset, but currently it's not possible to configure it for the normal mode.

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 02:46:35 pm »

What's your display configuration? Seems it's asymmetric ... currently the center is taken from the center of the virtual area, as people with two symmetric displays would want it in the center. But if you are using the secondary screen as a side window, that would require an asymmetrical frustum setup. Hmm, something similar is being done for the stereoscopic rendering, where the projection center can be offset, but currently it's not possible to configure it for the normal mode.

yea my screens aren't symmetric ones 1920 x 1080 and my secondary is 1900x600.. so i cant offset the center to the middle of primary then? or do i do a "asymmetrical frustum setup"??

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 02:54:29 pm »

No it's not possible to configure it now, we didn't think of this case. But internal support for it should be already there, we would need to test it and expose in the config.

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 03:12:59 pm »

No it's not possible to configure it now, we didn't think of this case. But internal support for it should be already there, we would need to test it and expose in the config.

Okay, thanks for all the help! i cant wait for the ability to configure it in the future i hope, but ill be patient for it.  ;)

M7

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 12:29:51 pm »

I just tried that with 2 differents screen (1920X1200 and 1600X1200) i also have to to set it as fullscreen=false. It's pretty cool though not really enjoyable cause the center is near between the 2 screen. But it does makes some nice big screenshot 3520X1200. Gonna try with facetracknoir, i should be able to have the effect of having the main screen for where i'm going and the other as a side view.