Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: New to outerra, have few questions  (Read 8514 times)

emmozlive

New to outerra, have few questions
« on: April 08, 2012, 07:06:59 am »

Hello everyone,

I have been following outerra for around a year?  I think the demo is great & immediately bought it. Runs very well at 1920x1080 with 1080p textures on a ATI 5870.
While zooming around the world using G maps I had a few ideas, they may not be possible but worth asking right?

Apologies if these questions have been asked before, I searched but could not see any posts.

Would it be possible to load google earths textures onto outerra surface? like an option you could turn on/off in real time?

I want to set the "UFO" to fly at a set speed & angle like an auto pilot, so I could leave it on and watch the world fly by in the background?

Is it possible to spin the world on its axis instead of moving the camera/UFO about?

Thanks

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: New to outerra, have few questions
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:44:53 pm »

There are several legal and technological problems with using GE data. The technological ones because of different projection we are using - in OT it's optimized for fast terrain decompression and procedural refinement, whereas GE uses projection suitable for easy use of available imagery data. To be most effective, the imagery would have to be reprojected into OT, but that would take a long time.

In UFO mode you can lock the speed to the current value (I think it's the Home key) so it's no longer dependent on the altitude. There's no key to auto-move, but it's in our TODO list.