User mods, screenshots & videos > Other

3D tress and plants

(1/4) > >>

fly77:
 :'(

aWac9:
Thank you very much Fly77. great.
The cactus is necessary in the arid lands .. this will help a lot to make us more of the landscape ...
and the palm tree is very recognizable to me
Thank you

:)

aWac9:
Vegetation on a local scale gives the game a more realistic opportunity, especially when you intend to recreate a certain relatively short landscape. adding a decorative cactus or a Canarian palm tree gives richness to the game. globally it is not possible but individually it is fun.
fly77 has given us a palm tree (Phoenix canariensis) ,, and in time I am sure that it will add many more things, coconut trees (Cocos nucifera) or different trees, etc. .. each one recognizable by users in your hemisphere ... in the long run recreating a landscape in itself will be a game.

rural01 by , en Flickr

hopefully more users are encouraged

fly77:
Really nice !  :) You make a great use of scenery elements aWac9 ! For sure I'll be available to import more 3D vegetation into outerra . Suggestions of download links FOR SPECIFIC MODELS are welcome (preferably obj, fbx or blend)  as I import them in blender before exporting to outerra

fly77:
Actually 3D plants can be used to create custom autogen,  creating them gradually around the camera location as the camera moves.

I tried it with the cactus. Below is a video made with a random cactus autogen. If I knew how to use map data such as the one below (or some of outerra's own vegetation data) I could try to use it to make
a more realistic autogen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version