Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra alpha demo won't install  (Read 2987 times)

Clutch

Outerra alpha demo won't install
« on: December 21, 2013, 04:07:11 pm »

Hi. I downloaded the outerra alpha demo and attempted to install it on my laptop. When I try to install it I receive a message "error opening file for writing". When I ignore to try to continue the installation process it seems like every file that needs to be installed gives me this same error message.

My computer specs are
Windows 8
Intel I7
Nvidia GeForce GT 635m

To me, the fact that it won't even let me install it on my computer tells me that it could be an issue with the OS I'm using. Is Outerra compatible with Win8?

Thanks in advance.

Jagerbomber

Re: Outerra alpha demo won't install
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:40:26 pm »

It works fine on W8.  Did you make any changes to the default/normal installation?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

twizzstyle

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 11:57:42 pm »

I had this issue today when trying to do a new installation of Anteworld (I uninstalled what I had for another reason).

In Windows7 you can right-click on an executable and choose "Run as administrator".  Doing this allowed it to install no problem.  Does Windows8 have a similar administrator option?  Try that.

Clutch

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 02:06:57 am »

Yea this works. Thanks lol. Who would have known it was such an easy fix.