User mods, screenshots & videos > Scenery

[Released] Alps scenery

<< < (3/35) > >>

Acetone:

HiFlyer:
Da' Roadmaster............  ;D

Acetone:

A small gliders airstrip near LFNA. I like this location :)

adler58:
Your work is fantastic, please keep up!
I'm also dreaming when rivers and roads and buildings could be derived from OSM data,
but for now your great work traces a leading line

Those airstrips among trees are pure flight-poetry :)

Uriah:
Outstanding! Very natural feel to everything you do.

I've found the consistency of roads needs to match their purpose. For example a highway should be more even with wider turns, while a dirt road should be more uneven in width, follow the terrain more closely, (less transition/border) maybe with pull-off areas, as you might expect, and abandoned roads even disappearing in places.

It is amazing the level of detail and precision the OT road system is capable of.

Again, great job Acetone! You should someday record a compilation of videos demonstrating your techniques so beginners have a solid tutorial to start with. It does take time to master these tools and the more people there are producing content the better.

I have a feeling the future of Outerra will be a mix of procedurally generated OSM roads and cities, with detail added by hundreds of users, and different multiplayer servers hosting different scenery.

Edit: Couldn't you also import OSM roads and edit them by hand to add a level of realism. Collaborative multiplayer editing of the OSM data would be the only way to cover vast areas, unless OT advances their procedural civilization scheme considerably, which I can see very possibly happening! :-)

Regards,
Uriah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version