Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: The Time Machine  (Read 4183 times)

kebman

The Time Machine
« on: July 26, 2012, 08:38:44 pm »

Dear diarrhea...

So my team and I had a small mishap, and we were all transported back to what we think might be the beginning og the Cretaceous era. Now we need to go back, only... We really need to gather all the materials we need to build the machinery to produce the chemicals and alloys needed to build another time machine. So yeah, we basically have to start a whole new civilization.

It's a real bitch, because, well... The other day our chief engineer nearly got eaten by a Tyrranosaurus Rex, and today my prospectors scared a big ass monster-herd of jumbo-sized leaf eating dinosaurs - possibly Barosauri or something - right at our camp. It was simply a miracle that they didn't destroy all of our supply tents.

The fucking prospectors... Wish they could be more discrete.

Now, if we could only get the area secured and some of our tech equipment up and running, we might stand a chance sometime during this epoch. Also the thopter broke down, so we don't have the overview we need yet, but hopefully it'll be up and running soon.

Anyway, a few days ago we saw some strange lights beyond the North West hill. I recruited a few engineers - expendable sods - to go check it out, but only one came back. He's treated for shock right now, and he just isn't able to speak coherently at the moment. I'll sure be glad when I can get some sense out of him.

Seems what I could really need right about now are some hard mannered soldiers, and not all these weak assed scientist type fellows. And if that isn't bad enough, I think our camp is just above a major geological fault line.

---

So this is just my suggestion to what could happen in an Outerra generated world.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:06:06 pm by kebman »

mctash

Re: The Time Machine
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 10:15:01 pm »

This sounds like it could be a great game. You thinking resource management isometric style or more an uber minecraft or something else? Almost a Stargate (time machine edition) vs Jurassic Park concept. Like it a lot.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 10:19:32 pm »

I moved it to off topic since it started with "Dear Diarrhea".. Probably not the best first impression I have ever read.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

SpaceFlight

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 04:23:15 am »

Ok, two things:

First, those poor, poor sods...  :(

Second, a bad choice for a campsite...  :D
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan