Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: question regarding road editor  (Read 2655 times)

nawrp11

question regarding road editor
« on: July 27, 2012, 03:25:00 pm »

Hi there. I just have a quick question regarding making roads in outerra. I notice that whenever I am making a road and pressing control+click for the checkpoints, there is only a certain number of checkpoints that I can make before none appear as I am control+clicking. Also, after I finish making a segment of a road, how do I continue the road from the exact place of the last checkpoint? It doesnt automatically start from the last checkpoint for me.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: question regarding road editor
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 03:37:37 pm »

Yes there's a limit on the amount of road nodes at the moment, and it does not allow you to continue from it. It's also not yet possible to automatically seamlessly bind to an existing road with a new one, although you can continue putting new nodes after selecting the old road. But that only works if you haven't reached the limit yet.

For seamless road connection and more options in adjusting the roads I need to modify the editor to show hidden road endpoints that determine the orientation and properties of the last road segment. There will be also tools for auto fitting of roads, but we need to stabilize the new version and object importer first before that.