Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: Importer  (Read 288471 times)

Concussion

• What i do incorrectly this time?
Re: Importer
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2012, 11:33:30 pm »

bad news

GREAT NEWS!!!

If your far enough away it doesn't matter!

I did want to put them in space...but i lack the knowledge to do such a thing as the holding v key only moved them like 2 inches on my screen when i dragged the mouse from the bottom to the top of my screen.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:39:37 pm by Concussion »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2012, 12:17:41 am »

I did want to put them in space...but i lack the knowledge to do such a thing as the holding v key only moved them like 2 inches on my screen when i dragged the mouse from the bottom to the top of my screen.

Sounds like quitter talk to me. They are better in the tropics anyway.

I think now all the starships in the galaxy. Star Wars, Star Trek, Farscape, BSG(covered) etc need to be imported to make something like this

real life.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:20:07 am by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2012, 05:00:59 am »

bad news

Wow ! ... i just do some small-scales, or underground bases to be stealthy from now on : P ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2012, 05:45:09 am »

bad news

Hmmm.... well.. I posted some screen-shots about the issue in some other post, and Cameni said that they have an algorithm to remove that shadow, but they would prefer to come up with a better one.So.. probably the issue it will be solved.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2012, 10:18:40 am »

I've moved the documentation for the importer to the wiki at xtrac.outerra.com and added a bit more of documentation about the upcoming additions. The wiki is under our issue tracker, and anyone who has access to the tracker can edit it (for others it's read-only). To get access to the issue tracker please follow the instructions in the bug reporting topic.

Everyone who's got some experience with the importer is encouraged to add to the wiki, especially things that may be unclear, or to describe procedures and workarounds there. The wiki is not limited to the importer, there's a lot of areas that are documented all around the forums but should go there.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:00:16 am by cameni »

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2012, 08:19:16 pm »

Simple.....  JUMP!

;)

Midviki

« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2012, 05:06:03 am »

Q. How will the collision work?Or any of the future features that will be implemented?

Will we be needed to add extra options on our models? And that means to 'replace' them to do so.The thing that I am talking is that if I worked on some buildings / constructions all made up like Lego's and If I delete that model... all the buildings get deleted because I deleted the object that I have made all of them.So coming back to the collision or other option idea. Re-importing the model with different features just to make good peace with the engine but deleting a hole city just for the 'fun' of it.

I mean.. this could be all possible, but the real question: ... is there some how to be able now to keep the 3D coordinates of the objects and still be able to replace them?by making them with the same names or replacing the object that were used as so and that object to be recognised as the older object even if we replace it with newer features, better textures, extra modifications. Some kind of save, or back-up of the objects and positions on the modified world.And in case if we want to work on multiple computers we could merge saves with work done on different zones, and of course overwriting parts of the saves if it is done on the same coordinates.Anyway all the simple point of all this, is just like a reminder for the people that work a lot on the Level Design and making some changes like adding collision would mean to re-import the object.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:09:22 am by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2012, 06:20:47 am »

Objects in the world are referred to by their unique object path, which is username/package/objectname. As long as you keep that name, the object will be created where you have put it, regardless of how many times you have reimported it.

Midviki

« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2012, 08:36:30 am »

And if I want to move it on another computer?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2012, 01:01:48 pm »

Just copy the cache and packages folders from your data directory.

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2012, 05:03:13 pm »

Nice to see the Galactica! Looks great in Outerra!

Marko

seppen

« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2012, 08:05:04 pm »

Need some sleep from a hard weekend, but collision will impact complex models?
I´m able to minimize drawcalls, since used to it via Cryengine, but Outerra kind of lure me into model every detail.

I´m not in need of lowspec lod´s, minimum is today´s top hardware.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2012, 01:15:55 am »

Collision is done on a separate simplified collision mesh, not on the full one, that would indeed impact it. Also, LODs are necessary to reduce the workload with distance. With OT you are closer to the theoretical card throughput, but you still have to use the complexity reduction tricks, especially when you want to populate a wider area ultimately.

ddenn

« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2012, 05:06:17 am »

Thanks for the update! I'll try to make this thing fly first

BTW, will Outerra' version of JSBSim work with http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/aeromatic2.html ?
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

angrypig

« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2012, 05:17:11 am »

BTW, will Outerra' version of JSBSim work with http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/aeromatic2.html ?

Yes it should work, i am going to update the JSBSim to the latest version and release the patch that we are using for compile so anybody can compile their own version... it should be in the next release...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30