Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Importer  (Read 286484 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Importer
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2013, 05:52:01 am »

Been playing whyte the importer a little for my BM-21 project, now i came upon a little problem. I see, the tatra model uses torsion of its wheels just on a short rod (just like the one best visible on last pic. for front-wheels).

I would like to do it little realistic on the model, so the torsion bars manipulate whyte a single rod hawing both wheels. :

.. so, did someone try to do some similar torsion on your models, or any hint on how the model should be based/boned to work that way ?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:13:15 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #286 on: March 08, 2013, 11:17:23 pm »

I have a question about the imported object with a group of objects.
How will it work with collision, what will be the difference of work required on an object that is made only from 1 hole object and one that is made from like 10 objects?

And if you can give some details about, how it will work on multiple objects, the shape of the object.. and maybe some advice, some recommendation if you have.And if you know the performance requirement difference how it will affect?What effect will the collision have on multiple objects as difference from just one single object will have, is it just HDD or RAM space required? ( cause that will be good ) .. or it will have something to do with the CPU and GPU performances, all of this in comparison with one 'objects' object?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:20:23 pm by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #287 on: March 09, 2013, 01:24:46 am »

Been playing whyte the importer a little for my BM-21 project, now i came upon a little problem. I see, the tatra model uses torsion of its wheels just on a short rod (just like the one best visible on last pic. for front-wheels).
.. so, did someone try to do some similar torsion on your models, or any hint on how the model should be based/boned to work that way ?
Rigid axle is not yet supported, you can only use independent suspension at the moment, but you can use a custom animation with it. But it would require some math.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2013, 01:29:38 am »

I have a question about the imported object with a group of objects.
How will it work with collision, what will be the difference of work required on an object that is made only from 1 hole object and one that is made from like 10 objects?
From 10 objects, like what?

Midviki

« Reply #289 on: March 09, 2013, 02:35:43 am »

From 10 objects, like what?

Look... I need to apply some complicated textures and some complicated models. And the models I want to make ( static obj ) have like each 20-30k poly's ( and It won't let me to get past 65k with 1 object )... so I need to make groups of models to make the hole object.And I was thinking... well if I make groups how will the collision work?And I want to apply collision fully on them, on all of them.I'm just asking... how it will work and if it might be a burden and loads of work.Cause I want to release fast content and I don't want to stay years doing stuff.(And for the 10 object.. as an example, now I'm working on a tunnel and I need to make the sidewalk that's 1 model, the 2 way lane on its middle  that makes 2 objects, on the side I will have like a 1 meter thing on it will be made a 'spring' or some kind of water going down the "man made" sewer channels, that's 3.. and another will be the object that will go for each wall in the ceiling those are another 3-4 walls for each side.. so double it all cause I want to mirror the effect to look symmetrical, I will have in total 13 or 15 objects from how I calculated from my sketches, and each one of them will have a lot of polygons + each will have its own texture. )
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Midviki

« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2013, 02:37:49 am »

Yeah.. and each texture is like 4096x4096 or bigger.So for a model I will have around 1GB... anyway I need to know at least 10-20% of what you may not even know?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2013, 04:01:40 am »

Well how it's normally done, you make a separate simplified collision mesh, just as you are supposed to create separate levels of detail for the models.

hhrhhr

« Reply #292 on: March 09, 2013, 04:20:51 am »

importer do not support SketchUp's "components", imports only the first mesh, the other is not visible. is it possible to fix this situation?

angrypig

« Reply #293 on: March 09, 2013, 04:40:04 am »

can you send us the COLLADA file?

Midviki

« Reply #294 on: March 09, 2013, 04:43:10 am »

Well how it's normally done, you make a separate simplified collision mesh, just as you are supposed to create separate levels of detail for the models.

Cameni* ... So basically the collision is not related at all with each component apart, from what you tell, or do I understand wrong? Like for example I can set the collision coordinates like for 1 single model for all the objects.. right?I suppose I don't need to code each object individually for the collision.. right?That's what I'm trying to say.

importer do not support SketchUp's "components", imports only the first mesh, the other is not visible. is it possible to fix this situation?

hhrhhr* ... I was talking about my sketch-up of my drawings on paper not the program "SketchUp":D , I model with 3DS max 2012 and you can group multiple meshes like with the vehicles and import it as it is.I even tested some simple models just to test if I can import multiple objects like on vehicles.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:46:57 am by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

hhrhhr

« Reply #295 on: March 09, 2013, 04:55:01 am »

model in sketchup and after import:

model in attachment.
p.s.
.DAE added
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:00:20 am by hhrhhr »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #296 on: March 10, 2013, 03:35:37 am »

Rigid axle is not yet supported, you can only use independent suspension at the moment, but you can use a custom animation with it. But it would require some math.

Thanks Cameni, i see what i can do in that way ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

seppen

« Reply #297 on: March 10, 2013, 03:58:49 am »

model in sketchup and after import:

model in attachment.

I exploded it, then made new components with simple names 123456.
Imported perfectly.

hhrhhr

« Reply #298 on: March 10, 2013, 04:05:44 am »

I exploded it, then made new components with simple names 123456.
Imported perfectly.
do you made 4 different components?
if so, then this is not an option. components are needed to editing one element automatically changes all the others. if there are many different components, you have to edit each one separately.

seppen

« Reply #299 on: March 10, 2013, 08:24:25 am »

If you untick "preserve component hierarchies" in export options it should work ok.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30