Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: Importer  (Read 286472 times)

hhrhhr

Re: Importer
« Reply #300 on: March 10, 2013, 10:26:53 am »

then i can't use animation. for example, this is front suspension for buggy, it contains 7 mesh and 4 bones:

sample script:
Code: [Select]
    // animate suspension
    var whl = this.wheel(0)
    var sin = whl.saxle;
    //var cos = whl.caxle;
    var rot = whl.rotation;
    var ang = Math.asin(sin);
    body.rotate_joint_orig(ha_fl, rot, {x: 1, y: 0, z: 0});  // half-axle
    body.rotate_joint_orig(ag_fl, ang, {x: 0, y: -1, z: 0}); // A-arm
    body.rotate_joint_orig(tl_fl, ang, {x: 0, y: -1, z: 0}); // top link
    body.rotate_joint_orig(hb_fl, ang, {x: 0, y: 1, z: 0}); // hub

body.rotate_joint_orig(wg_fl, ang, {x: 0, y: 1, z: 0}); // anti-roll wheel group
    body.rotate_joint_orig(bg_fl, steer_fl, {x: 0, y: 0, z: 1}); // steer block
    body.rotate_joint_orig(sl_fl, steer_fl, {x: 0, y: 0, z: -1}); // steer link
    body.rotate_joint_orig(at_fl, ang*AT, {x: 0, y: -1, z: 0}); // top amort
    body.rotate_joint_orig(ab_fl, ang*AB, {x: 0, y: 1, z: 0}); // bottom amort

body.rotate_joint_orig(tr_fl, rot, {x: 1, y: 0, z: 0}); // trans

if all this meshes will be at one "level", then i can't animate this simple A-arm suspension:

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #301 on: March 10, 2013, 12:02:33 pm »

Keep doing what you are doing hhrhhr.. Looks magnificent.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
« Reply #302 on: March 10, 2013, 12:14:01 pm »

Ooohhh. That's... Just, damn... It's....
(Don't have any words)
VFx Artist/Supervisor, Private Pilot - www.sk-films.com

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #303 on: March 14, 2013, 05:12:16 am »

Godda take some of your ideas for my modells ! Werry interesting indeed.  :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #304 on: March 14, 2013, 12:42:11 pm »

My hope is all cars model their full suspension components like this. Even if hidden.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2013, 05:05:53 pm »

My hope is all cars model their full suspension components like this. Even if hidden.

Isnt that the min. prop. for the future of Outerra ?  ;D

... Cameni, i just came to a interesting phase of my Ural-4320 - actually i do a pre-model of the basic truck before playing whyte the BM-21 Rocket Launcher. As the variations of those trucks by the same wheel-basis is great, i just thought to ask: is there a plan to make variable models for the further future in OT ? - like hawing a set of car-parts as different objects, that would be possible to combine in the spawn menu (or in a special one). My actual thought is about a variation of bumpers, truck-cages, wheels, maybe even more complex functional parts (like switching between the transport-cage and BM-21 system on the back of the machine, or adding/taking away the gearbox-connected towing device) ... The model would so have some spec. places defined (could be picked at the import menu aside of wheels maybe in a separate window) for several types of those part and parts would be just different models whyte a pre-defined name type for each of those places in the primary model defined ... would make some building/modulable vehicles easier to make and  to update whyte new parts while model space-saving. Aviation-fanclub could use it to change and add new ordnances to models too ...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:51:18 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #306 on: March 24, 2013, 05:30:12 pm »

... no need to hurry whyte it of course : ) ...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:43:19 pm by PytonPago »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #307 on: March 28, 2013, 02:50:25 am »

Normally it's done by creating a model that contains all the parts, and enabling/disabling these dynamically. It's also much simpler than actually trying to connect object dynamically and functionally, although that will be needed too, for trailers and such stuff.

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #308 on: March 31, 2013, 01:37:29 pm »

Does anyone know what is the value maximum possible accepted of .DDS texture on the imported objects?

- Has anyone tested it?

- What circumstances you can use it in a higher improved state?

- And if it is not yet possible, how soon it will be possible to have a higher quality of the texture?

Cause I have 8000x8000 textures.. that looks on the model just exactly like it would be the 2000x2000 resolution.No improvement whatsoever.Or even if I used the 2000x2000 one it looked worse than it should.I am thinking of trying to map it with  16000x16000 resolution, but I'm not sure if it is worth it, taking in account that it took me like 20-25 minutes to render the 8k x 8k texture, and this one would take 4x times longer... Or maybe if I make a bit of research how to render it with the GPU and not the CPU it will go faster, but dunno, till then... the .DDS improvement would sound like a more satiable idea, memory wise speaking.

The first option.. the :  "DXT1              RBG       4  bpp   |   no alpha"  ... lowers the quality from the original state of the texture.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Juggernautz

« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2013, 12:15:47 pm »

Under image settings, make sure compression quality is set to Production or Highest. That's the only thing I can think of that might be causing lower quality textures. :(

mLichy

« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2013, 12:32:22 pm »

Currently we support 4 LODs, these LOD parents names have to start with LOD0.., LOD1..., LOD2..., LOD3..., COLLISION... the last will be used as a collision mesh.

For Collision, we put the geo under a Collision Node/Parent.  But, how are the wheel collisions checked?  Is that still using the render geo? 

Right now I have not setup a custom collision, and I "think" the chassis is not colliding with anything, but need to test again. 

Thanks!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2013, 02:14:16 pm »

Right now the bounding box is used for the collision, and it doesn't collide with the terrain yet, only with other objects.

Wheels use a separate collision checking, ray vs. terrain.

mLichy

« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2013, 02:38:29 pm »

Ah ok. Cool. Makes sense. Thanks!

Oh, on a side note, where do I find the tetra material file?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2013, 03:40:57 pm »

You mean Tatra? Stock vehicles are in packages folder, but in the program directory, not data.

mLichy

« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2013, 03:51:25 pm »

Oops yeah. Ok great. Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30