Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Importer  (Read 286526 times)

josem75

Re: Importer
« Reply #390 on: February 09, 2015, 12:17:54 pm »

Alt E  to open the js console.
You can use an external program to edit the js (usefull if you have a second monitor). After saving you need to hit alt D  to reload the js to see those changes.
If you update a texture, it will show in ot in seconds. If you make changes in the .mtl file, then you have to reload OT to see the changes.

Thank u.
As you see, i only can open the console down, same console u close with p key. But i remember one white console where you can whrite. That i cant open, even with alt-e.

Also as the imagen show, the little platforms i added to the tower, one is in the correct position, the other are mirrored (looking down). So i still having position issues. What i see in max is diferent after in outerra.
Those platforms i did from new and nothing wrong. Dont know why the problems.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:24:50 pm by josem75 »

M7

« Reply #391 on: February 09, 2015, 06:31:19 pm »

Ah...Forgot to mention, js script is for vehicles (land/air/water) . Static object don't use js. You can add a js to a static object to add animation but i haven't try myself.

josem75

« Reply #392 on: February 09, 2015, 08:06:45 pm »

Ah...Forgot to mention, js script is for vehicles (land/air/water) . Static object don't use js. You can add a js to a static object to add animation but i haven't try myself.

For some reason, i cant open the white js screen. I push alt+E and i only open the console with erros, like in the picture.  I am totally unable to see the js i dont know why. :(

In some point maybe i will try some animation for make the discs of my tower spin.
Also, is it posible to add lights to objects? I want make some "streetlights" for iluminate the snow at night (like in real life this station have)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #393 on: February 10, 2015, 06:45:50 am »

Also as the imagen show, the little platforms i added to the tower, one is in the correct position, the other are mirrored (looking down). So i still having position issues. What i see in max is diferent after in outerra.
If you ever use the mirror tool in 3ds Max, before exporting the model, make sure you apply the XForm modifier, or click on Reset XForm, then convert the object to Editable Poly. After that, you may need to flip all the normals too.

ALT+C to open the command console.
ALT+E to open the JavaScript Editor. It will only open when you're in a Vehicle/Watercraft/Aircraft.
ALT+R to reload the .js file if you edit it in a 3rd party text editor.

Also, to add animations and lights, you will need to import your tower as a vehicle.

josem75

« Reply #394 on: February 10, 2015, 09:43:13 am »

If you ever use the mirror tool in 3ds Max, before exporting the model, make sure you apply the XForm modifier, or click on Reset XForm, then convert the object to Editable Poly. After that, you may need to flip all the normals too.

ALT+C to open the command console.
ALT+E to open the JavaScript Editor. It will only open when you're in a Vehicle/Watercraft/Aircraft.
ALT+R to reload the .js file if you edit it in a 3rd party text editor.

Also, to add animations and lights, you will need to import your tower as a vehicle.

Thank you Levi.
So vehicle like your animated turbines. By the way. Maybe its time to put some red lights to your turbines for the night flights security.. )))

Normally i export in fbx from max so i import with fbx importer in outerra. i dont know how is making a vehicle, never tried.  I am taking a look in the turbines thread and others you mentioned there.

The problem will be, no permanent objects. needing to import or spawn everytime open outerra. We need Js for objects too. So we can animate them and begin to make lamps for cities at night.

The variable can be turn on at some hour determined in a new line of world.cfg or something. Turn all lights at 18h, or 19 h. Or depending on the latitude.. So at nights all the lights will be turning on.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:28:56 am by josem75 »

josem75

« Reply #395 on: February 12, 2015, 07:54:51 am »

It seems one of my problems exporting from max (2015 via fbx) is when i apply mirror for example. Axis is diferent in Outerra.
I think i remember some similar problem when i exported to cryengine and i dont remember how was the solution.
In that case, aplying reset xform is not fixing the problem.  (well the solution here is easy, rotating instead mirroring, but i meant solution for fix that axis problem).

PD: My opacity for the net worked good with the tips i readed from angry surfing the forum. But the effect disappear in a very  few meters (in fact i taked the pic in the distance limit). Dont know if is the normal. 

[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:11:01 am by josem75 »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #396 on: February 12, 2015, 12:45:56 pm »

Looks fine to me.   =D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #397 on: February 12, 2015, 01:53:39 pm »

... shorter ones, oppose the right side. :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PRiME

« Reply #398 on: February 15, 2015, 04:56:27 am »

(figured out parenting, not sure on the pivot point, still have some odd errors.)

(figured out the texture issue)

Turns out DAE/FBX only support texface (basic blender render material textures). Now I must convert my model into Blender Render mode, this should be fun  :-[
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:11:58 am by PRiME »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #399 on: June 13, 2015, 06:30:19 pm »

Hi!!

I want to make some test with the ah64.

If I import any mesh as an object, the Blender Z value = Outerra Z value.

It is not true if the mesh is imported as aircraft: In this case, the helicopter is to high when is settled on ground.

All the components are parented to a dummy called ah64. I have tried both lowering the dummy or the components (respect to the dummy) to fix the height. In both cases the dumpers works reversed: extended when are on ground, and retracted when in flight (see video).

- Any tips on how to fix it? How is calculated the aircraft height from ground?

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #400 on: June 13, 2015, 07:11:33 pm »

I am not sure how it works in Blender, but it should be similar. The spawn point (crosshaird) is the 0, 0, 0 origin in model space. That is, in Max when I set the Z = 0 position as "ground level", I would position the wheels to rest on that plane. Be sure to check world/local coordinates, to be sure you are taking the absolute measurement for Z and not the relative one. However, this may possibly be a FDM issue. Check the Z values for the gear BOGEYs in your XML, as the landing gear points may be below the wheels, and therefore the aircraft is resting on that, with the wheels above the ground.

Best regards,
Uriah

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #401 on: June 13, 2015, 08:52:44 pm »

Thanks for the quick answer!!!

- Positioned the parent dummy in 0,0,0  (global Blender; world Max).
- The wheels base are at z=0
- Exported as collada (there are no options for location or scale).

This is the result:

- Imported in Max, to make a tests.
- Exported as collada.

Same case:

Changed the BOGEY values from       -10.46296     to        0   in both, right and left wheels.

but there is just a small variation (like the thick of the wheel).

Any Ideas?

I really appreciate your help!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:54:55 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #402 on: June 13, 2015, 08:55:48 pm »

Just e-mailed you.

Regards,
Uriah

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #403 on: June 14, 2015, 01:35:55 am »

I found the cause of the landing gear problem... Is related not to the height, but to the x axis orientation.

Xeltron245

« Reply #404 on: March 29, 2016, 10:59:53 am »

I imported my model using the FBX importer tool but it's not showing up in the object list for placing. It is in the Outerra folder in Users so not sure what I'm doing wrong. Anyone help?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30