Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: Outerra videos thread  (Read 253977 times)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Re: Outerra videos thread
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2014, 02:28:55 am »

Another wingman style video, this time with the new glider. Think i still need practice to better follow the ghost wingman.

Schleicher ASK-13 (glider)
Fantastic video M7!!

M7

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2014, 10:50:29 am »

Another clip with the glider, this time in the Himalaya. I'm having a bit more control to fly near the drone this time,  but unfortunatly my disk had a hard time to keep up at the end. Oh and this is before the release with the new flight model

HiFlyer

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2014, 11:26:25 am »

Very nice vid! This is cool stuff, and will be even cooler when some type of wind gets into Outerra.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

M7

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2014, 10:03:20 pm »

Ok, i had to make a wingman video of the eagle man  ;D Now it gave me some ideas for a new kind of chasing camera. New video coming soon.

M7

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2014, 11:51:18 pm »

So the eagleman gave an idea about what could be a new ufo mode that would fly like a plane and that you can pan  the view, while going into into a different direction. What i did first is to disable the sound of the eagle man and fly with unubstructed view the way of the UFO. Then i tried to do the same with a plane, moving the cockpit view 40 meters forward and disabling their engine sound. The problem is that it gave me   sound errors warning so i could not get rid of the text window :(

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:58:56 am by M7 »

HiFlyer

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2014, 12:33:04 am »

I have heard more than a few comments that we need some smooth camera views to help people making videos. Stuff like rotate around the vehicle, Follow just behind the vehicle, flyby of the vehicle, follow behind the vehicle while matching its bank angle, etc.....

And yeah like you said, a fly without a vehicle ufo mode.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

M7

« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2014, 01:10:22 am »

The good news is that it's possible to have  that chasing camera view without Cameni/Angrypig coding anything. It would sure make things much simpler if there were that kind of UFO mode for video people but in the mean time, just need to hack some of those planes/birds.

I know i can't wait to make some videos of the new ground/tree/shading/AO update. It's going to be glorious to fly slow and low ;D

M7

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2014, 04:05:11 pm »

Ok, last one before the  next update ( i promise). So this is what a flying UFO mode could look like at ground level. The only thing i would add to the mode,  is some lag in the camera movement to smooth out panning, not easy to pan smoothly with the mouse. With head tracking though, it would not be necessairy.

andfly

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2014, 07:34:20 pm »

Ok, i had to make a wingman video of the eagle man  ;D Now it gave me some ideas for a new kind of chasing camera. New video coming soon.
I was very pleased to see to use the Eagle in your video, and congratulations!
You were better than me in 'run chase in flight !!
Just a little tip: to adjust the speed of the flight, you can use the command "brake" ("b" key if you have not changed the configuration of the keyboard). Airbrake and flaps are operated at maximum and causing a sudden drop in speed.
It can be very useful!
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

HiFlyer

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2014, 08:02:17 pm »

Just a little tip: to adjust the speed of the flight, you can use the command "brake" ("b" key if you have not changed the configuration of the keyboard). Airbrake and flaps are operated at maximum and causing a sudden drop in speed.
It can be very useful!

Great vid! I just wish we could get rid of those skipping frames while recording.

M7

« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2014, 09:16:59 pm »

It can be very useful!

Brakes? Yeah that should make chasing a lot easier. At first it was really hard not to fly past the drone eagle. At the same time i found it was a nice challenge.

And yeah the skipping, i have a brand new drive for recording that i thought was a fast one (not a flash drive though ) and Outerra is not installed on it . Now it looks like it's still not enough  :'(  At this point the only solution should be to get a ramdisk software.

M7

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2014, 10:31:23 am »

Just cant keep my promise :P. Here's a quickie

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2014, 01:40:44 pm »

Great work M7! It's always cool to see Talkeetna in a video :)

I think I will be able to finally work on it again next week!

M7

« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2014, 11:11:55 pm »

That's great Acetone! You sure have a lots of choice for buildings now!

Now the last update has made flying over mountains just glorious!

HiFlyer

« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2014, 11:23:06 pm »

Very nice video!

Just thinking it would probably be pretty informative if video makers started listing their system specs as well.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44