Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Does the importer , import constraints  (Read 6914 times)

mustang60348

Does the importer , import constraints
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:32:45 am »

In 3dsmax, you can assign constraints to objects, these constraints allow me to restrict the movement of objects to certain axis OR for example to always have one object "Look AT" another object as it is moved.

Are these constraints exported and imported via .dae file?

mustang60348

Re: Does the importer , import constraints
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:01:20 pm »

@devs: Any answers OR even possible in the future. Would be SO helpful for animations.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:27:54 pm »

Unfortunately this needs to be answered by Angrypig, and that requires a certain moon phase :)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 05:15:56 pm »

Yeah... He only comes out when he becomes a werepig...  His name is Angrypig, but it's not so bad... 
;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

angrypig

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 06:24:27 pm »

Constraints are not supported, there is missing support for this feature in COLLADA exporters. And i think constraints are more about the physics which is usually configured on different place... But i am currently adding support for animations to the importer and it will allow you to create animation in 3DMAX/Blender and use it in the script. For example if you create a complex landing gear animation, this can can be controlled with single value from 0.0 (gear up) to 1.0 (gear down) so you don't have to bother with each bone manually...

mustang60348

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 04:46:48 am »

Constraints are not supported, there is missing support for this feature in COLLADA exporters. And i think constraints are more about the physics which is usually configured on different place... But i am currently adding support for animations to the importer and it will allow you to create animation in 3DMAX/Blender and use it in the script. For example if you create a complex landing gear animation, this can can be controlled with single value from 0.0 (gear up) to 1.0 (gear down) so you don't have to bother with each bone manually...

Is it wrong to say "I love the PIG"

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 10:00:20 am »

Is it wrong to say "I love the PIG"

Of course not. Bacon is good, Pork Chops are good.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

mustang60348

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 11:53:05 am »

hmmmm, PIG such a wonderful magical animal

Jagerbomber

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 07:59:43 pm »

"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P