Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: The Universe Project - Outerra Competition?  (Read 5979 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
The Universe Project - Outerra Competition?
« on: December 02, 2012, 03:07:54 am »

http://launch2.universeprojects.com/

It is all talk so far but this seems identical to what I expect for the future of Outerra/Anteworld. Even in the first draft we have a better starting story.

Still looks like a project to follow.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Jagerbomber

Re: The Universe Project - Outerra Competition?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:34:53 am »

Silently hoping for a gameplay video so that we can laugh at how bad it looks...  ;) ;D
Ok... Maybe not so silently.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Abc94

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:10:07 am »

That sounds like quite the project they're taking on there...  :-\

But then again, so is Outerra.
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:10:47 pm »

Silently hoping for a gameplay video so that we can laugh at how bad it looks...  ;) ;D
Ok... Maybe not so silently.
Wait until we see the screenshots before you do that. ???
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

Jagerbomber

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 05:46:40 pm »

Um... That was kind of my point...
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 01:36:07 pm »

From what I can tell, they are meerly up-scaling today's handheld MMORPGs for a different market to the one Outerra is in. The Universe Project will have to be able to run on iPhones and other smartphones - Outerra will be far and above more complex and more definitive, aimed at PC users. TUP will have aircraft that fly the way it looks like aircraft should fly, Outerra will work out the physics behind it. TUP will have graphics that are common to the 'bubblegum gamer', Outerra is much more real. TUP is modelling humanity first, just on a planetray scale, whilst Outerra is modelling the universe and adding people in.
And if I'm wrong we're stuffed, because that was a good promotional video :P, and anyone might fall for that.

DarkDXZ

• Exception within exception...EXCEPTION!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 05:42:10 pm »

This may or may not be another one of those "ChromeVSFirefox" or "PlayStationVSXBox" or "McDonald'sVSBurgerKing" type of deal...
I hope it won't be, though.

Whie TUP sounds awesome, I don't think it's anything TRULY new, honestly. And unlike Outerra, it's aimed for one thing, being a "humanity simulator" (iirc), while Outerra is not being made with any particular genre in mind.
"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?" - Joseph Stalin

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:00:00 am »

This may or may not be another one of those "ChromeVSFirefox" or "PlayStationVSXBox" or "McDonald'sVSBurgerKing" type of deal...
I hope it won't be, though.

Whie TUP sounds awesome, I don't think it's anything TRULY new, honestly. And unlike Outerra, it's aimed for one thing, being a "humanity simulator" (iirc), while Outerra is not being made with any particular genre in mind.
8)
Resident of Outerra