Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: let's start a project on a Kickstarter!!!  (Read 6600 times)

Cycle

let's start a project on a Kickstarter!!!
« on: January 31, 2013, 10:41:43 am »

message to devs.

Why not to raise funds for your project on Kickstarter? So you can make a superb flight simulator ever! It is my dream honestly! I think all simmers in the world will support it!!

Money will give you possibility to find talented developers for Outerra and to pay them.

What others think?  other devs raise million dollars in a couple of months. why not you?

bada

Re: let's start a project on a Kickstarter!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:51:42 am »

what kind of flight sim?  civil sim like MSF/Xplane or WW2 combat FS like IL2 (still the reference after12years!) or modern Lock On Series From ED?

i think if you want to do something on OT, the Engine itself has to by nearly finished first. Once it's done you can start about thinking about implementation of other stuff. just my 2cents...

but it's not such a bad idea , as the guy that made "wing commander", found the way to find the $ to make a new space game using crown-founding. ;)

Cycle

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 11:02:44 am »

Im really sorry, I already wrote it in other topic..
But once again...my dream is
Modern Military and civil flight simulator in one. But separately, one day I can fly in Vatsim on Boeing, other day to patrol borders on su-27

to make virtual airlines or virtual air forces or pilotage groups and to combine all simmers in one sim, fans of Lock On and fans of FSX, Prepar3d etc.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:04:26 am by Cycle »

Cycle

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 11:47:16 am »

The Earth is so beautiful in Outerra from the air....so it should be flight sim first:))))

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 01:06:17 pm »

That's a solid part of Anteworld already, Cycle.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 02:01:59 pm »

When there are clouds. I predict a kickstarter.. And flightsim is the easiest promotional path for OT. 92.35% of the work being done is to get the ground level stuff up to par. Planes really don't even need an earth just a simulated sky and instruments. Sure it is nice to have a view out the window but my interest would be when that plane lands and the mission begins.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Cycle

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 04:15:37 pm »

How is going with clouds? yes, flightsim is the easiest way....we see what is Anteworld(outerra), impressive project! I love it! I imagine it with Moon..with clouds and weather...can't wait! Purpose of this topic is Kickstarter, so keep this thread and comment what do you think. We can raise 1 million $ without problem!:)

ZeosPantera,
Are you just fan or you one of Outerra team?

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 03:02:19 am »

We all have a dream for Outerra to provide a flight sim platform and its underbelly has all the ingredients for it. The devs are trying to make this a multiplatform engine so all possibilities are available.

With bullet physics and natures environment I.E SRTM terrain data 90mtr, time flow, bloom, normal mapping on ground, these technologies are just some that i'm sure will be refined and tuned to their peak states.

Keep in mine the devs are working on many levels to bring the engine to a level that will sell itself and it will so hold tight there will be many genres for this engine. It will just take time to complete.

Cycle, if you go through the forum you will see that flight sim basics are in the engine (for demonstration purposes) a specific flight simulator will most likely require a 3rd party to develop on the engine, but API is being worked on so that plugins can be made into the engine.

It's all in progress... enjoy each update as they come.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 03:55:18 am »

ZeosPantera,
Are you just fan or you one of Outerra team?

Just another traveler going for the ride.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 10:26:19 am »

Just another traveler going for the ride.
As am I. 8)
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

Jagerbomber

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 10:39:24 am »

They just earned their gold sticky stars...  :-[  ;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P