Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Combat Sim World.  (Read 7293 times)

Grind and Click

Combat Sim World.
« on: March 27, 2013, 03:50:34 pm »

Bored at work, this will be full of holes, so let us talk them out?

Basic premise is a sim world (Outerra) where just about everything in a combat sim game you could want, is there.

Each vehicle is designed by an indie developer/s, and sold to the players for real money to use in game, but prior, is reviewed by the main developing company, whom take a % of the sale.

Mining discoveries are announced all over the world and its up to the players to crate factions and mine it for game currency.

Here is the rough guide, and idea. Please don't start shooting to kill just yet, i'd prefer to start discussion on issues as they come, and develop slowly from there.

christibbs

Re: Combat Sim World.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:10:26 pm »

although I like the idea of a combat sim, I'm not a big fan of micro transactions.

Grind and Click

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 07:20:42 am »

I don't know how micro this would be, you'd spend the normal amount of money of a full game on what vehicle you wanted to specialize in, each vehicle would be detailed to a good sim level.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 10:53:37 am »

Bored at work, this will be full of holes, so let us talk them out?

Basic premise is a sim world (Outerra) where just about everything in a combat sim game you could want, is there.

Each vehicle is designed by an indie developer/s, and sold to the players for real money to use in game, but prior, is reviewed by the main developing company, whom take a % of the sale.

Mining discoveries are announced all over the world and its up to the players to crate factions and mine it for game currency.

Here is the rough guide, and idea. Please don't start shooting to kill just yet, i'd prefer to start discussion on issues as they come, and develop slowly from there.

The Eagle-Dynamics kind of work just for OT then. I am currently working on some BM-21 on Ural 2340 chasis. Still on model working now, there is a lot of things that has to be made if functioning like i plan it to do ... the plenty variations are a little pain too, but i stick to the basic 2340 one both in classic and new digital target designation that was introduced last year to the RF Army. ... but doing it for free just for community and fun. A test of balistics  is my point too ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Grind and Click

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 02:49:37 pm »

Eagle-Dynamics is a great example, only every usual military vehicle can be created, the main overseeing company contracts out other vehicles whilst taking a perentage of sales, and this can fuel mass content whilst sharing the profits.

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 03:36:51 pm »

There should be a basic starter kit with a one-off purchase. This starter kit should be enough to complete/compete successfully. The game shouldn't be for people with limitless credit cards! And boxed editions should be capable. One-off purchases of upgrades/additional 'units' should also be possible, but lumped together, not each vehicle costing money.
Apart from that, feel free to go overboard with a combat sim!

Grind and Click

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 03:41:42 pm »

I think that would work yeah, imagine it like selling Warhammer figurines?

The bigger and more complex the more you pay. 

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 06:54:19 am »

Yeh, Warhammer's a good analogy. You get single units, and also combo packs.
Although with online interactions, there's bound to be a lot of freeware... maybe payware has a two-year expiry date - after that it drops in price automatically, then becomes free? That would be interesting.
Maybe a maximum purchase of $150 could be enforced as well, remembering that this is just one of many potential add-ons to the Outerra engine. Maybe not.

Anyway - gameplay. Is it reasonable to assume that every current FPS/strategy game, is good but with a few basic flaws? I don't know many games (hence loving the ability to ask other internet-folk), but if we compiled all the bad points and good points to each game, it should be possible to solve them all.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 03:44:53 pm »

... well, theyr DSC World Free turned out as a good bussines way nicely, whyle giving people a free play, hawing all new stuff in there (i mean, the compatibility in multiplay whyte new series) whyte updates. For me, they pinpointed it pretty well ... just by the choice of my favorite frogfoot Su-25.  ;D ... If the complex army sim. had something similar ... one free of all clases (artilery, tank, armed transport, heli transport and gunned as well as air and ship) ... nicely picked ones. Maybe hawing from the analog-used picked one as free, other payware (a BMP2 basic variant (gun operation trough handles - by arrows in game relating on the hard optic targeting, having people rely on basic physics in theyr heads) and the modern ones (BMP4 and other) that use more joystick-like digital hardware by mouse/joysticks in game (having digital stabilization and balistic computing done by PC - simply find and select target, let the PC take the balistics automatically correct)).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.