Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Limits of functionally designed models ?  (Read 86065 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Limits of functionally designed models ?
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2013, 05:16:47 pm »

Will diferent lerps for each wheel help in case you want them to rotate differently?
Havent done scripting in a while  :-X

... may be ... have to try.

And i need to find out how to stop rotation of a mesh bound to the wheel (the wheel is parent to its inter-section whyte connections to the steering rods and axis - i bound it this way, so it would Z-rotate like the wheel itself, now i have to someway, just for the inner section, limit rotations only to z axis (so it doesnt spin like the tire in ZY plane))

Wait.. what? I dont understand why wheel is parent and not vise versa.  Ok anyway if it's help try to parents that rod to something else and just copy z values from wheel directly.

... there are more ways to set it ... just experimenting ...
     Hawe to do a research in such in-time scripts.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2013, 06:40:46 pm »

Two beasts chiling in sunset.  :D

... will try give them here by the next week, just want at least some pedals be working. (The least i can, before getting the suspension right.)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2013, 09:58:32 pm »

They look quality. You should post some video of them driving around.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2013, 02:05:33 am »

WoW very nice model, well done PytonPago

PytonPago

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2013, 06:34:44 pm »

They look quality. You should post some video of them driving around.

Not yet ... need to tease you guys till some fancy stuff moves on them.  ;D ... no need to worry. I just try to make some modifications to the BellAir (i hope, no one gets angry for that  ???) vehicle script. Will try to make the gear rod move at each gear change in some way. If i just can ask someone, how do i get the actual wheel RPM from a certain wheel ? (mean some script to get it) At the same time, i want to figure out, how to make the spawn menu to spawn some number of modified versions of the ural (now just two separate imports in the photo), each whyte the weight according to it (if there is(or isnt) a back-section, or the grad unit).

Progress is a little slow in the end, i had to figure out the pivot point system of blender and now i do with each script a change to the needed parts and parentings. Is a little time-consuming thing and i had not much to play with it the last weeks. Stay tuned for more ... there will be some. :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 06:43:13 pm by PytonPago »

PytonPago

Alpha out !
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 10:34:26 am »

Annouce alpha for testing out ... see :

http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=2095.0

PytonPago

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2013, 09:15:17 am »

Had implemented the Grad into OT. That FPS drop - just glorious !  ;D Not finished yet doe, still need to do the arm-targeting system and some details (electro station and signalizations and the rocket itself).

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2013, 10:24:11 am »

Thats cool!

PytonPago

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2013, 05:38:49 pm »

Got an idea : ... when the force app gets its way, why not hawing and pre-defined script of some kind ?

Force ("mesh bone" , "force strenght in number value" , x:0, Y:1, z:0,)

Being able to just write into the vehicle and aircraft scripts would make it easy to make recoils.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:44:58 pm by PytonPago »

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2013, 06:07:59 pm »

Great looking model! Nice work. :)

Marko

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2013, 10:27:33 pm »

FIRE!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2013, 06:10:23 am »

Had implemented the Grad into OT. That FPS drop - just glorious !  ;D

Did you actually had an FPS drop? :-\
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2013, 10:16:06 am »

I'm hoping he means the lack of it. ??
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:42:44 am by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2013, 12:36:37 pm »

Wait till i post the grad unit ... you will see when you give 5 of those on the ground ...

PytonPago

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2013, 12:37:43 pm »

Wait till i post the grad unit ... you will see when you give 5 of those on the ground ... not much of a machine mine here, but still was a real great drop.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11