Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Limits of functionally designed models ?  (Read 86067 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Limits of functionally designed models ?
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2013, 05:21:17 am »

Hmm ... a lot of AKs have to be in such a vehicle shooting windows ... its kind of a interesting problem here, if i make them a part of the vehicle, i would have to compensate the variability of the weapons in each of the window (AK(S)-74M / -47 /AKM /PKM) ... on the other hand if there would be a fixing position defined for the weapons themselves as a separate model, it has to be fitted to the window-grips for them, thus complicating animations and scripts a little  ...

(the circular windows - one of them has an armature for a MG)

The size is right compared to the human and Ural. Looks like an sardine-can if you realize how much people should fit in.

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2013, 01:33:34 pm »

I cant wait to use the wheel animation (as has hrrhrr used on the buggy) on my little "box" (a soviet afghan war term for column vehicles).  :D

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

konaone

« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2013, 06:22:48 pm »

very very beautiful! very good

PytonPago

« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2013, 05:59:36 pm »

And the final exterior version of the BTR is there :

And the gunner sight wiew :

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2013, 02:03:22 am »

Lovely work, well done PytonPago.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2013, 03:38:01 am »

Wow. That looks perfect .. Low grass mode is sort of a bummer.

Are you planning to texture the whole thing? It is a bit too shiny the way it is now. Has that showroom shine on it.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

krz9000

« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2013, 05:43:26 am »

smooth all these normals :) looks great

James

« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2013, 07:44:40 am »

Now just slap some textures on there. :D

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2013, 09:55:49 am »

nice BTR, Pago. ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

M7

« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2013, 12:41:45 pm »

Looks amazing! GJ

PytonPago

« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2013, 01:02:52 am »

Wow. That looks perfect .. Low grass mode is sort of a bummer.

i actually newer played whyte grass at all .. also it might be the unusual format of my LCD (isnt 3:4 but more like 21:23 and it makes close things look funny sometimes - like the opt. ilusion effect doe :D )

Are you planning to texture the whole thing? It is a bit too shiny the way it is now. Has that showroom shine on it.

Yes, actually both Ural and BTR, but first i have to do the interior and get a better hold of the UV tool in Blender (have some issues whyte pealing oranges there). You can see the periscopes are missing right now - is much easyer to make them from inside-out. That will take a while. Seems it will come out to annual model-releases form me - await it whole at summer. :D :D Dont worry, i try to script it driving till Silvester.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:16:04 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2013, 03:48:45 pm »

... could there be a possibility to show actual vehicle RPM in addition to the speed in the HUD (if being inside a car) ? Speculating around engine props and at them based scripts, speed indicator is nice to adjust speedometer and other speed related equipment/functions at real time in OT. An actual RPM indication would be a great addition to certain tests and adjustments ...

... also, does Math.sqrt work ? Cant make it work somehow (takes value as undefined). Would need that a lot for an animation.

P.S.:
 ... started working a litle at the ural interiors as a sidework, Blender to OT UVs application:

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:19:29 pm by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2013, 07:38:17 am »

Well ... what an nice test outcome - so terrible its actually magnificent :D :D

... are there any limits on how many and how big UVs there can be on an single model (etc. their pixel size) ? Seems i will need to apply a lot of them and the most of them whyte almost all types (normal, env., refl.).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:55:51 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2014, 10:54:11 am »

This thingy is odd ... 5 textures in all - every one trough multiple objects and there this problem whyte only one of them for all its parts :

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:15:33 am by PytonPago »

DeanosBeano

« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2014, 11:22:28 am »

probably you didnt name the vertgroups right ?

i think in blender you have 3 important names  first two same name Mesh and Vertgroups and all other textures ?
 I recall i had different name for mesh and vert groups (UV) and it gave me same error

Strange i was looking this thread 10 mins ago trying to learn turrets :) .
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11