Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Tiger2  (Read 61049 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Tiger2
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2013, 06:06:41 am »

Nice texture work there, African one is pretty convincing  ... wish i had your skills.  ;) 
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2013, 06:16:01 am »

Vintage tank being something as old as the Tiger 2. Also yeah murkz. Where is he I want my T1!

I am never far away from Outerra, the Tiger 1 is still on the todo list Zeos, as soon as I have the skills to import and get the tanks performing as close as possible to reality, the Tiger 1 will get imported.

It is a flagship tank and probably the most well known tank in the world and I would love to do it the justice it deserves.

M7

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2013, 09:44:01 am »

Well it doesn't takes much skill so far as i have'nt done the original texture which is an amazing one. All i had to do was to invert the textures and reajust the colors.

It is quite a challenge to do a texture from scratch. And you need  UV mapping which is pretty tough if not impossible to get/make from sketchup models.

But I am taking on to make a texture mapping from scratch for Murkz's Luchs using his model's UV, so we'll see how it comes out.

PytonPago

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2013, 01:04:24 pm »

It is quite a challenge to do a texture from scratch. And you need  UV mapping which is pretty tough if not impossible to get/make from sketchup models.

Maybe importing to 3DSMax or Blender to do the UV´s ? ... there are some nice vids for learners on the net :

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2013, 02:17:26 pm »

I have blender but never really played with it. Will check this out. Thanks!

M7

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2013, 06:31:48 pm »

As for the turret dependency for actual gear ... the BelAir has a script for multiple gears whyte rpm-based power. He has a script part saying witch gear witch force multiplier has. Maybe, if you try to change the script into your tank and make the turret rotation speed dependent on the actual gear (whyte their multiplications), it would give such result. Doe, one problem can be there - turret rotation is not dependent on the engine being started, so it would need to fix that little fact (may cause troubles).

Its a little pain in the ass re-scripting but i done it for my Urals, so it does work, you just have to tune the parameters afterwards to make it feel like a panzer ..

P.S.: In the script mentioned above - i added a sound for turning the turret in the name turret.ogg - have just used Murkz´s Luchs turret sound witch i put into the tiger 2 folder and renamed accordingly. You need to do it in order to use the turret. Otherwise OT will give up an error message freezing the vehicle.

Ok got myself to try to integrate the gear/transmission script  that Hrrrr and Giucam did last summer with the Tank script that Cameni did for Murkz tank's. I actually choose Hrrrr's version but i could have worked with Giucam as well. So the goal was to integrate the V12 sound set from sonory. I actually edit Hrrrr  sound test car to use the V12 instead of the V8 and it sound great as long as the engine stay within 0 and 3000rpm.

Not knowing much about java script, i thought i wouldn't go very far at trying to merge the tiger2 script with Hrrrr's sound test. It actually went better than expected, the tank move  8), it could turn if i give a major boost on the engine but then the engine turns at 10000 RPM. There's a whole lot of stuff that dont work as it should (like the turret doesn't turn) but if anybody think they have the knowlege to tweak the script,  you could install that buggy version of the Tiger2 and see what you can do. Probably you will have to backup the original version cause it will probably overwrite it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2M21seXNvenlGTE0/edit?usp=sharing

...and then we could try to make the  turret turn at varying  speed depending on the engine rpm ;)

M7

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2013, 06:35:41 pm »

Oh and it sound terrible. Acceleration sounds are too loud and decelaration sounds too weak, couldn't find what to tweak in the script.

PytonPago

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2013, 03:22:52 am »

For the turret turning, maybe its a problem i had whyte my grad ...

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1671.50

See the debate i had whyte cameni about the switch function - you can look too at the posted grad model script to speculate a little whyte it. I did a lot of cornering myself in scripting as i lost quite often the sight of dependencies and function redefinitions along it. Have to say that im glad to see the Tiger going on after a while ...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]