Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Tool Suggestions  (Read 3787 times)

R.B.E

Tool Suggestions
« on: May 02, 2013, 03:05:37 pm »

I would like to suggest some tools, one that allows you to select multiple objects then merge them into one object but while also saving there positions, name the object afterwards and a copy and paste function of the new object.

picture of city:

I think it will be useful to be able to save all the objects then create a object with a "layout", then copy and paste it as much as you want.

The picture above shows a city I made using custom objects(credit to Luishi5k0 and SilentEagle) and it would be very tedious to re do the layout from scratch again.

Juggernautz

Re: Tool Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 04:43:28 pm »

Yeah, a simple pre-fab system would be awesome for quickly populating multiple areas. Also, instanced pre-fabs that allow for customization beyond simply placing/rotating the pre-fab (instance simply tracks changes from the base pre-fab).

M7

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 05:58:28 pm »

I would like to suggest some tools, one that allows you to select multiple objects then merge them into one object but while also saving there positions, name the object afterwards and a copy and paste function of the new object.

picture of city:

I think it will be useful to be able to save all the objects then create a object with a "layout", then copy and paste it as much as you want.

The picture above shows a city I made using custom objects(credit to Luishi5k0 and SilentEagle) and it would be very tedious to re do the layout from scratch again.

I think you can already do that in a way. If you want to have a group of object to be set in the exact same position, you need to  import them as single dae file  but in separate parent group at the highest hierachy. Once imported they will show as separate object in Outerra but if you load them one after the other without changing the set position, they will all load in the same disposition you set them in your 3d software. I know i did it by accident when i didn't group all element of a tank under one group in sketchup. I did imported it as an object and found out i had 4-5 separate object that i had to load individually but each pieces fit perfectly so i guess it should be the same with buildings

It sure would be much better to have this as an intended feature, as you suggest though.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:51:17 am by M7 »

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 08:45:47 am »

Oh yes, we definitely need a 'lump it together', especially when house-building comes into the game... place a wall there, and a roof on top, save it as a house, and place it where you want!